Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bear Eats a "Monster Big" Grub

As you know, Robert and I are avid watchers of Man vs. Wild - it's fascinating! Discovery is currently two episodes in to the new season but the first episode is the one that really got me. Bear seems to have really kicked it up a notch this season: 25 minutes into the show (filmed in Zambia) the man had already eaten the biggest grub on Earth; caught a frog with some sticky twig thing, knifed it through the head (to be more humane, which I guess is good) and kebab'd its legs; knifed a catfish through the head and eaten it raw; and picked some raw meat off a, like, gemsbok carcass and eaten it, (even though it still had bits of fur hanging off it)! BLEH!!!!!

Seriously, though, the grub was the worst... I really hate it when whatever he eats explodes or oozes or what have you. I realize this is probably what a lot of people want to see but *ugh* it really almost makes me retch. You never really see him get sick or anything but something he ate on this particular trip really did him in because he got a wicked case of, well, diarrhea. I felt so bad for the guy - he was trying to climb a waterfall and you could see in his face that he was just completely wrecked and feeling awful. The poor guy got sick while climbing and had to sort of drop trou right there; of course, the camera dudes kept filming Bear and I just thought "This guy is too weird!" Well, it turns out he wasn't too keen on being filmed, so I feel a little better about his normal-ness... :o)

Luckily for you, I found an interview with Bear on Carson Daly that not only
shows you the grub but details his unfortunate illness. Skip ahead to the 7:00 mark to see the grub spew its guts all over Bear's chin...




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw that episode ... the grub explosion was so sick!

Lauren said...

Oh!! Someone else watches the show!! I'm so happy we're not weird and alone. :o) I guess that grub explosion is pretty popular - Discovery actually has it as one of their (few) videos on their YouTube channel...