Wednesday, May 07, 2008

TV Tidbits 08.5 - American Gladiators

Wow! I don't know if any or how many of you read the comments but Christina sent me one saying: "oh, one of the girls that played on the cornell team was part of the gladiator team in season 1. Her famed move was to wrap her legs around an opponents neck....i think her name on the show was fury, but her real name is jamie." Awesome!! Once she wrote the bit about the leg wraparound move, I knew exactly to whom Christina was referring. Fury was actually one of the scarier lady Gladiators - the blond, implanted ones never looked quite as menacing to me. :o) Christina asked if Fury would be on season 2 and I thought "Of course!" Wrong! What a bummer... it looks like she's been replaced by Phoenix, whose online bio is as follows:
Soaring into the sky like a spirit from the flames who has been kissed by the sun, the beautiful and bewitching Phoenix is as impossible to defeat as her mythical namesake.

Yeah, that sounds SCARY! Add in her feathered pink hair, circa 2000 Gwen Stefani, and you've got one intimidating bi-atch on your hands, people! Pbbbbbth!!!

However, I was happy to see that last year's winners are actually going to be Gladiators this season. Jet and Rocket are considerably more ripped these days than they were in their competition days, that's for sure, but I'm glad their "prize" was actually their prize. Plus, homemaker Monica (Jet) was by far my favorite competitor last year so I'm glad she gets to continue. :o) Evan (Rocket) was crazy fast - I called him Monkey Man - last season so I hope that's enough to power him through as a Gladiator... the dude is 4 inches shorter than the next shortest Gladiator and he and I are almost the same weight!!! (Just for my own pride, he does weigh more than me; unfortunately, it's not by much). Seeing as head Gladiator Titan gets 80% of the available screen time, however, it may not be a problem... !

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Bummer about Fury. You should google Jamie Reed (it is her maiden name, but I think she still has her sites under it). Jason was kicked off last night (and yes, he was the kid with the dreads, but he was had a very cute personality). Poor me :(