Nothing huge to report but, again, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, people! Apparently, news has just broken that Christian Bale has signed on for not one but three new Terminator 'sequels.' Oh. Joy.Christian Bale is to play rebel leader John Connor in three sequels to the Terminator franchise, its producers have revealed.
The Welsh-born star, who is soon to be seen in Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight, has already started shooting the first of those films, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins.
"He's really an actor's actor, so we're very proud," said Victor Kubicek of film company Halcyon.
Charlie's Angels director McG is directing the new film, which is due to be released on 22 May 2009.
"Christian was our first choice and he's a big fan of The Terminator, so we're very lucky," Kubicek told the BBC at the Cannes Film Festival.
"But with Batman he's already done the whole franchise thing, so we weren't sure he'd respond."
Luckily, said Kubicek's business partner Derek Anderson, "he read the script and he loved it, so he's signed on for all three."
Now, I love me some Christian Bale, as you know, and I will thus be forced to see these stupid new iterations of Terminator but - ugh - do we really need three more?! Seriously? My only hope is that McG isn't directing them all... we all know how beloved the Angels franchise is.
I liked the original Terminator best by far though the second one was also good (I can just barely stand Edward Furlong's high-pitched squealing and whining... whew). I never even saw the third one; yes, I'm sure Nick Stahl was far less annoying than Edward but my brother-in-law (who is a huge Terminator guy - he has the collector's DVD set complete with a Terminator head and whatnot) gave it a "meh" review so I just never got around to checking it out. Damn you and your hotness, Christian!! Now I'm going to have to sit through stupid the stupid lady Terminator and and two hours of Claire Danes. Gah! I can't even imagine what the already thin plot will be stretched to in order to fill three more movies...
- originally posted 05/21/08
UPDATE: Since principal photography on the film started up a few days ago, the plot of Salvation has been released by Warner Bros.:
In the highly anticipated new installment of The Terminator film franchise, set in post-apocalyptic 2018, Christian Bale stars as John Connor, the man fated to lead the human resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators. But the future Connor was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus both embark on an odyssey that takes them into the heart of Skynet’s operations, where they uncover the terrible secret behind the possible annihilation of mankind.
(from themovingpicture.net)
0 comments:
Post a Comment