Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was very low-key for my family this year. No brunch, no party, no nothing for my mom... not because I don't love her dearly but because my mom was a bit under the weather this year and I didn't want to run the woman ragged! :o) And since my one sister spent Mother's Day with her mom and my other sister is in Chicago, it was left to me to get the party started here in Fremont. What excitement was planned? Well, my dad barbecued steaks, I made brownies and we watched Ratatouille for the 9,000th time (for me, anyway; I think it was only the 3rd time for my parents. I love that movie!! My new checks are 'Ratatouille'...). Good times. Actually, it was a very nice night and I think my mom felt like she got to celebrate at least a little bit, so everything turned out quite all right indeed.

Robert celebrated his Mother's Day on Saturday - he and his family went on a Hornblower cruise around the Bay. I was invited, of course, but get incredibly sea-, bus-, plane-, train-, and car-sick so I declined. I distinctly remember getting sick on the second half of the Hornblower cruise I took on Grad Nite and was not keen on reliving the experience! Robert said the cruise was actually pretty choppy in places so I think I made the right decision. :o) I was sorry to miss it, though I am glad the McCauleys all had a good time. I'm someone in the group took photos and if I ever see them, I will post them!

Me and my mom - posing with my gift
(I have no makeup on, so cut me some slack, people. But seriously - why are my eyes so small?! How can I even see out of them?!! Blargh.)

0 comments: