Monday, May 12, 2008

TV Tidbits 11 - Upfronts Day 1

The networks' upfronts start this week and updates on what shows are renewed or dead are coming in all the time! As such, I will update this post as I find things out and I'll bump it up to the top slot when I do. All scoopage is courtesy of TVGuide.com unless otherwise noted...

Fox was the first one up. Here's a mini-breakdown of what was renewed/canceled:

  • Back to You: Canceled
    • Rumor has it that "[T]hough the Grammer-Heaton sitcom drew good notices and decent numbers, it's reckoned that production costs ran too high (due to its marquee stars)."
  • Til Death: Renewed for 3rd season
  • The Inn: New series pick-up
    • Described as "Upstairs/Downstairs at a hip New York hotel." The pilot was directed by Jason Bateman, and the cast includes Niecy Nash (Reno 911), Jerry O'Connell, Molly Stanton and Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
  • New Amsterdam: Canceled
I also came across a couple tidbits re: two CW shows -
  • Reaper: According to Ausiello, "I'm told it's "90 percent likely" that it'll be on the network's fall sked. " [That's awesome, though it does surprise me a bit. It's been on the bubble for a while now... but, it is a cute show and I hope it really does survive into the fall.]
  • Aliens in America: Canceled!!!
    • I guess it's not technically 'official' since the CW hasn't yet had their upfront but, again, according to Ausiello, "I just got the unofficial official word that one of this season's best new comedies has been axed. Despite rave reviews when it debuted last fall, the CW laffer went largely ignored by viewers. Which sucks for them, because they missed out on a fantastic little show."
WTF?! Aliens is a funny show! I mean, it's not the most hilarious thing I've ever seen but it was a nice little show that made me laugh and I enjoyed it every week. Crap!!! I'm bummed. :o( Here's one of my favorite clips from the show (skip to the 2:15 mark if you're in a hurry!):





"I trick them into believing I am M. Night Shyamalan"... hee!!! Raja is too cute. Mew.

UPDATE 1:

  • Eli Stone: Renewed for 2nd season
  • October Road: Canceled
  • The Unit: Expected to return
    • CBS may put it on Fridays @ 9. What does that mean for Moonlight? Dunno.
  • HIMYM: Shoo-in for 4th season renewal
  • Boston Legal: Renewed
  • Terminator: TSCC: Renewed

0 comments: