Monday, May 19, 2008

Movie Morsels 05 - Indiana Jones

This is indeed a spoiler, though not in the traditional sense. Yes, it gives away major plot points so if you want to see Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with a clean slate this Thursday, you'll want to skip the link. However, the article doesn't really spell everything out in a super-clear fashion; it's more of a review/recap presented as a conversation between two Defamer writers.

Defamer Instant Reviews: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I have been slogging through the Indiana movies for the past two weeks and I have to say - I am not really looking forward to Robert dragging me to Indy IV. I have never seen any of the three Indy movies in their entirety thus far and now that I'm being forced to sit through them (I've only made it through the first two - Last Crusade is on the menu this weekend, I believe), I can understand why. They're not horrible... they're just not my kind of movie. I don't find them particularly entertaining or amusing - I'm not a huge fan of the whole campy, serial homage thing they have going. Sorry. Still, I have no choice but to indulge Robert in his wish to see Skull, as he's sat through many a Lauren movie in his time. :o) If only there were some hot men to get me through... (shoot, I'd settle for just one)! *sigh*

UPDATE: Here's a general round-up of early reviews, courtesy of EW.com

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

So, here's a totally random postscript to the above post, but it's about movies so it sort of applies...:

Robert and I rented Into the Wild this weekend and - yikes - it was not for us. We didn't hate it, really, but we definitely didn't like it. I don't know if we're 'too shallow' for such an artistic film or what but... man, what a snoozer!! Yeesh. Robert really enjoyed the book but even he found the film to be a bit... strange. Pointless. Slow. Y'know - just blah. I hopped onto IMDb.com and skimmed the message boards and discovered that we are not alone - people either love or hate the movie (and most posters hate it). The thread titles alone cracked me up - "I'm Halfway Through and Boy Am I Bored;" "I Wanted to Kick Him in the Head;" and "Hippies: Alaska Isn't For You!" But this was by far my favorite thread:
I will summarize this movie for you and save you the rental money
by Leonidas808 (Sun May 4 2008 03:51:02)
UPDATED Sun May 4 2008 03:51:24

Nature 1
Dumbass 0

You can thank me later.

0 comments: