Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Tiger Hair

I am a notoriously difficult person to please when it comes to my hair - I had one good haircut in college but other than that, I almost always walk away from a stylist's chair unhappy. My hair is either too short, too long, too poofy, too flat, too flippy or too... something, y'know? It's true. I have, however, been relatively pleased with my hair of late, which is why I haven't drastically altered the cut or anything for a while now. So, yesterday I had a hair appointment and, feeling saucy, decided to go for something a bit different. I was already scheduled for highlights - something I don't normally get because (1) they're expensive and (2) I'm lazy (the appointment is always, like, 2 or 3 hours because I have so much hair) - but because my recital is next weekend, I thought I'd mix it up. My stylist, Michelle, wanted me to go a bit blonder and a bit chunkier ("but not really 'chunky,'" she says) and I told her to go for it. Oh, if only I'd stayed in my boring little rut!! Now my hair is striped and I am not happy.






Robert, trying his best to boost my spirits, says it's "sun-kissed." To which I replied "The sun owes my hair a dinner because it clearly did more than kiss it - the sun had sex all over the right side of my head!" Disaster. The left side (and back) of my hair may be sun-kissed but the right side obviously had a long-standing affair with el Sol. Either that or I fell asleep in a big puddle of peroxide... Disaster! Did I say that yet?

What the heck am I supposed to do with this hair now? I look retarded!! Oy. I'm going to try and part it in a different location and see if that tones the yellow down a bit... keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

of course your hair looks chunky - you are flashing it with the camera. Your hair looks great.

Lauren said...

Ah, but you see - no flash in these photos, what with the mirror and all. It really is just my hair. :o(

But you're very sweet to compliment it... you're very kind.