Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Discovery's "Boom De Ah Dah"

Dang. Entertainment news today? Slow. Sucks. But I know there are four of you out there that check the blog regularly and I feel I need to post something for you guys!! With that in mind, I give you this:



Bear starts @ 1:05 / Captains @ 1:20

There are conflicting reports as to why exactly this event was occurring but most tend to indicate that this was a part of Discovery's upfront presentation. Mike Rowe, of course, hosts Dirty Jobs and narrates Deadliest Catch - he's also a trained opera singer and has sung several times on Jobs. (Discovery got lucky there because it doesn't look like any of the other guys are really relishing their moment behind the mic). The first guy up is, obviously, Man vs. Wild's Bear Grylls (nervous much?); then you have the Catch captains (Sig, Andy, Jonathan, Keith and Phil - Andy and Jonathan captain the same boat... cheaters!); third is Josh Bernstein (someone of whom I had no idea but that Robert apparently hates - I guess he hosted Digging for the Truth on the History channel and will host Into the Unknown with Josh Bernstein for Discovery pretty soon); and lastly you see Ben Bailey (who I also didn't know but who hosts Cash Cab).

I really enjoyed the guys I recognized, naturally, though I had the hardest time making out parts of the captains' lyrics. So, in case you're retarded and anal like me and can't rest until you know what they're saying, here are the words:

We love the ocean
We love the pitch and yaw,
We love the big waves,
We love a king crab claw,
We love the whole world,

It's one big rainstorm

Nice. It's good to see that everyone is such a good sport. :o)

0 comments: