Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Random Round-Up 03

Holy crap, people... I am REALLY struggling this week! I have no good personal stories to relate and there is absolutely nothing of interest happening in the gossip blogosphere!!!!! I keep looking, looking, looking, hoping for anything to spark my interest but nada. Bupkis. The big donut. *sigh*

I can't live like this. I'll go crazy! I. Need. Gossip. Or spoilers. Or something! Wah. Here is the non-news I've gathered so far:

1. Metallica will be the focus of the next Guitar Hero.

Robert and I didn't buy the Aerosmith GH but instead pre-ordered Rock Band for the Wii. I just didn't think I could stand staring at Steven Tyler's CGI'd fish face for an entire game... woof.

2. Seth Rogen will be the new Green Lantern.

I had heard Seth would be writing the new Lantern a while back but didn't think he'd play the lead. The dude is cute in the chubby/funny guy way but he doesn't exactly have the chiseled physique of your typical superhero. Maybe he'll bust out some Preparation H... I'm sorry, was that unkind? How unlike me.

3. Thinking of buying a gossip rag in hard copy form this week? Check'em out before you buy - here's the week in tabloids.

4. Tony Hale is joining the cast of Chuck:
Per the Reporter, Hale will arrive at Chuck's store, Buy More, as a corporate efficiency expert who steps in as the new assistant manager. Once he sees how poorly things are run at the store, he decides to stay on for a while — and will no doubt wreak a little havoc in the meantime. [tvguide.com]

I seriously thought this dude was already on the show. He totally looked familiar!! I had to look him up... I think I'm remembering him from Andy Barker, P.I. Dang. [Speaking of Andy Barker, I'm purchasing the one and only season from Amazon Unbox and burning a DVD... any takers? :o) ]

5. This has nothing to do with anything but I was talking about it with my parents the other night and thought my dad might want to check it out:


Now, I don't particularly enjoy the fact that Bear's roughing up an animal but I must admit that I did find the entire process rather fascinating. I never knew porcupines hissed!

6. Here's a sad sort of story for you and it involves Robert and I being perfect for one another once again. How so? Well, we're both incredibly spiteful people in certain arenas and this time, unfortunately, it sort of bit us in our respective asses (but if it'd worked, it would've been so awesome!). The story goes a little something like this:

Robert and I are completely whipped. Last week was a short week (with the Memorial Day holiday) but we were on the go every night... we only watched two TV shows in 5 days, so you KNOW we were busy! :o) I had left trying on my recital costumes until the last minute and discovered on Tuesday night that my pants were too big. So, Robert and I headed to Target and then treated ourselves to dinner out. Wednesday night I had my dress rehearsal - 3 hours and 45 minutes for a stinking 90 minute recital! Because, of course, everyone has to go over things 900 times and the time adds up. As such, I didn't get home until 10; we ate, showered and went to bed. Thursday night we were home but Robert was busy working and I was busying readying my stuff for the following night's recital, so we watched 1 show, ate, showered and went to bed. Friday night was performance #1 and Saturday afternoon was performance #2.

Technically, we should've been able to catch up on some zzzs on Friday night... but we went to the movies after the recital. We totally shouldn't have and we knew it - we were EXHAUSTED - but we needed to stick it to my sister, Melanie. Way back in April, Robert and I met up with the my sister and brother-in-law and chatted about all the summer movies we wanted to see. They wanted to see them, too, so I went home and drew up a list of all the major releases and their dates and e-mailed it to everyone. I heard nothing. For a month. I resent the e-mail (with a mini nasty-gram attached, natch) and told them that Robert and I were going to see Indy 4 over the Memorial Day weekend come hell or high water so if they wanted to join us, they'd better hop to. Still I heard nothing. Robert and I were pissed. We knew Mel and Wade were coming to the recital on Saturday afternoon and Friday night was the last night we could see Indy... and rub it in their faces that we saw it without them. HA! We knew they would ask us to see it with them after the recital and we wanted the pleasure of pointing out to them that they'd had their chance and blown it! You snooze you lose, you know?

But oy, were we tired. I'm not a fan of the Indiana Jones movies anyway so it was a real exercise in drudgery for me but even Robert had a hard time making it through. It was only two hours long but we could only see the 11:30 showing and after previews and driving home and getting ready for bed and blah blah blah, we didn't get to bed until 3:30. I think we fell into a coma. And then we had to get up early for the darn Saturday recital! Sucked.

The worst part was that Mel and Wade never even got my frickin' e-mails! So they had no idea that I was boycotting them and Robert and I didn't need to kill ourselves to see a crap movie. It seems awfully fishy that neither e-mail would make it to either e-mail address, but they both have sbcglobal.net accounts, so maybe it's possible. They did, however, seem genuinely distressed by the turn of events and even went so far as to e-mail me at 3:00 in the morning when they got home Saturday night to tell me they'd double-checked all their folders and my e-mails were not to be found. So, I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I guess. Needless to say, Robert and I were a bit bummed to learn all of our efforts had been for naught. Plus, we ended up having to see Iron Man again because there wasn't anything else of any interest to see! But I like that movie and my brother-in-law was excited we talked my sister into seeing it so I guess we did a nice thing. :o) Boo.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that karma is somethin', huh? Well, it's good to know that you're willing to go the extra mile for what you believe in... even if it's wrong ;) Anyway, missing emails aside, I think everything worked out well. Iron Man rocked! Thanx for talking Mel into it!

P.S. Per an older post, Terminator 3 does kinda blow, but has an interesting storyline. Also, I'll loan you my special edition T2 when I find it. It's got tons of great extras that make the movie more cohesive, but unfortunately doesn't edit out annoying Edward.