Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Random Round-Up 06

I have been busy today, people! I have been helping out in the call center today and have been working nonstop since I got in, with only a 1/2-hour break. Can you believe it?! I'm working at work! Too weird. :o)

As such, today's pickings are slim, slim, slim. Apologies.

1. Here's the new poster for Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (supposedly):

Ooh. I am all atwitter. It looks like it's going to be oh so different from all the other Terminators, doesn't it?!! I kid. Supposedly, there will be a teaser trailer shown before The Dark Knight in July... though I doubt Christian will be in the trailer so who cares?! He's still shooting Public Enemies (as far as I know) and no Christian = no interest, y'know what I'm mean?
(Speaking of Public Enemies, JustJared has some hot photos of Johnny Depp on set here.)

2. I do not like Katherine Heigl and haven't liked her for many moons now. From most of the things I've read about her, she seems to be a raving bitch with a humongous ego. I'm just saying. To quote The Wedding Singer: "You a bitch."

And actually, ever since her rant over the inappropriateness of Knocked Up, several people within Hollywood hold the same opinion of El Heigl. How can she re-spiff her image? Well, by not releasing statements like this:
I am truly grateful for the honor that the Academy bestowed upon me last year. I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the Academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention. In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials.

As Defamer kindly points out, "
[j]ust one year after her astounding Emmy win, Heigl has basically given the entire staff of Grey's a giant, nicotine-stained middle finger." Hee! Too true. I know she wants off the show and pissing off The Powers That Be is a good way to go about that, but I don't think that's the real reason Heigl was such a smartass. I think she just sucks.

UPDATE (06/12): Per EW.com,
One day [after Heigl's statement] a key show insider contacted EW.com to express regret that the actress publicly complained about the drama. “The show bent over backwards to accommodate her film schedule, and then she criticizes the show for lack of material?" the insider said. "It's an ungrateful slap in the face to the very writers responsible for her Emmy win in the first place.”


3. As you know, I really like Angelina Jolie. I would never go so far as to buy a Team Jolie shirt from Kitson but if someone wants to get into a pissing match with me about how she wrecked Jennifer Aniston's perfect marriage I am up to the task! :o) But I digress. Seeing as La Jolie won't be putting in any personal appearances to promote Wanted, she has instead sat down with Entertainment Weekly for a lengthy Q&A. You can read all about the tattoo she drew on Brad's back* here.


4. In case you were wondering...
Now that we know which character was killed on NCIS, why did Lauren Holly leave? Was it her decision, [exec producer] Shane Brennan's decision, or mutual?
Mitovich:
Brennan tells TV Guide that the death was long in the planning and done primarily for storyline reasons. Holly had not asked to leave.

5. I think I just threw up a little.
NY Mag to Tom Colicchio: "So do shaved heads make you a better chef?" That's just great. Men with shaved heads are always better. Just ask my wife. [To wife Lori Silverbush] Aren't shaved heads great? Silverbush: Much easier on the thighs. Colicchio: [blushing and laughing hysterically] That was off the record!"

6. I feel better now.



* Just in case you haven't seen or heard of Brad's tattoo, here it is: It showed up on gossip sites back in mid-May and there was a lot of speculation that it was some type of schematic of the levees in New Orleans (because that's his big cause these days). Uh, no. Not so much.

0 comments: