Thursday, June 05, 2008

Random Round-Up 04

Seriously, this has got to stop being such a regular feature!! I promise to try and be more interesting the in the (near) future, honest. Until then, here's the usual... I'll be adding to it throughout the day I expect so you may want to look it over once or twice after your first perusal.

1. Here's a recap of last night's Top Chef. Robert and I haven't officially seen it yet so I can say no more. Just know that I'd really like to.

2. The 6 Most Unrealistic Movie Workouts. An amusing way to kill... about 16 minutes or so. Plus, it has the hot Batman Begins scene where Christian is topless and getting hit with sticks so I had to include it! ;o) Suddenly, Thursday's not lookin' so bad.

3. According to OK! magazine, here are the top 10 bad accents that happened to good people:
10: Elijah Wood in The Lord of the Rings

9: Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors

8: Ben Affleck in Shakespeare in Love

7: Kevin Costner in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves

6: Madonna [for her real-life "patchy" English accent]

5: Natalie Portman in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

4: Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins

3: Keanu Reeves in both Bram Stoker's Dracula and Much Ado About Nothing

2. Britney Spears [for her Adnan-era British phase]

1. Scarlett Johansson in both The Girl With the Pearl Earring and The Prestige

Seriously?! I'm fine with OK! including 'real-life' accents but omitting the WORST British accent known to man - unforgivable! I love Ever After but Drew Barrymore's "accent" is absolutely atrocious. In fact, there aren't words to describe how awful it is - it almost makes me want to watch the movie on mute with closed captioning. Or with pencils in my ears. Don't believe me?


Yikes. Not that OK! had much credibility before but overlooking Drew's 'awe-fuhl' enunciation just cost them their last shred in my mind... ;o)

4. According to JustJared, the next Transformers installment has been titled Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. Check out the Wikipedia entry here.

5. Whooooooooooa. Check out these hair hats:

They really are hats that make your hair look as though it's styled into an animal's face. Too weird! They're quite realistic, though, aren't they? I mean, some more than others, obviously, but as a whole they're not too shabby. If you want to check out a few more - like goat hair - click here. God only knows if real people would actually have any occasion on which to wear these but they're fun to look at! I especially enjoyed the walrus hat... [The hats are the creation of Japanese artist Nagi Noda; I came across them on jezebel.com.]

6. I came across both this and #7 on neatorama.com. The kid in this video is an 8-year-old boy who lost his left left to cancer when he was one. Now he plays football and baseball without a prosthetic - and he's darn good! He runs from home to first without crutches and even slides into the bases... it's amazing!


You can read more about Adam Bender here.

7. This is much less inspiring than #6 but I thought it was kind of clever.


They're called 'mini cushion rings' and were created by Downstairs Studio. I'm actually surprised no one's thought of this sooner. Several people commented that they'd prefer the pillow to their greasy, bony fingers to save their chins from breakouts... which is true enough. :o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ever After just so happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time, so.....blogs off.

Lauren said...

I really love the movie, too, I promise you... it's super cute!!! I'm just saying that it would be that much better if Drew's accent was up to par. :o)