First, the Hulk. Here's a Moviefone Unscripted segment with Liv, Edward and the director (some French guy).
And here is the new TV spot (in case you have a TiVo/DVR like me and have yet to see it!):
Now, Tony Stark's cameo was supposed to be a secret - a very poorly kept secret amongst those of use in the blogosphere (I knew and I'm not even a comic book 'geek!'), but a secret nonetheless. Obviously, Marvel is sweating the Hulk's box office prospects and decided to dump the cameo in the first 2 seconds of the ad. Will this pique moviegoers' interest and cause more peeps to flood the first Hulk screenings? Well, according to EW.com, the answer is yes. Then again, TunaFlix says not so much.
I tend to side with TunaFlix. People in the know either: (1) were already planning to see it (they're comic book fans - that's why they're in the know!) so Tony Stark doesn't make a difference; or (2) know that it really is a 10 minute cameo and that 10 out of 114 minutes does not an Iron Man make. In other words, they won't be expecting a huge Tony Stark/Hulk storyline and are okay with it. People not in the know, however, run the risk of now thinking that Tony Stark is going to be, like, the Hulk's friend or something and feature prominently in the movie. These are the people that might fall into the commercial's trap, I don't know. Would they spend money on a movie they weren't going to see because all of a sudden they think Tony Stark is in it? I really liked Iron Man but even I wouldn't be persuaded to do that... the first Hulk really was that bad. If people are dumb enough to think that Iron Man is starring in not one but two summer movies this year then, well, I guess they deserve to be duped out of their 10 bucks. I will consider it a deserved donation to Edward's career.
I really have no intention of seeing Wanted. Yeah, it has James McAvoy, who's a cutie, and Robert loves Morgan Freeman so I'm sure I could talk him into it... but it seems kind of dumb. Sorry James. Still, I may find myself aimless one Saturday night in the future and wander into a showing, who knows? I will consider it a deserved donation to James' career, I guess. :o)
This article is over a year old - it's actually to promote another movie, in fact - but I guess because he mentions Wanted in it, it's suddenly resurfaced. I'd never read it before and James is awfully cute (and funny!) in it, so I thought I'd pass it along... see if I can make any converts out of you.
CS: You're going to have a lot of action in that film I guess.
McAvoy: Yeah, kinda, and they want me to do as much as I can anyway. There's a lot of free running and Parkour and all that kind of stuff. A lot of driving and guns and all that kinda rubbish. But it's quite important for me because the reason I wanted to play this character in "Wanted" was because it still adheres to what I believe in, that heroes shouldn't always be perfect. We shouldn't always have the six-foot-five, chiseled-jawed, good-looking guy. That's why it's so good that Spider-Man is somebody like Tobey Maguire, and that's why I took this role. They wanted someone geeky. I screen-tested for the movie over a year ago and they never gave me the part. Then, it was about seven months later when they went, "Look, we've been trying to find someone who's muscle-y who looks good and all that, but it just didn't work with someone like that so they said, "Could you come and do it?" They basically just said, "You're the runt of the litter and that's what makes it work" so yeah, and that's why I like it. So while I'm doing all this physical work, it's important for me to remain small. I'm sure they want me to get all big, but it's important to remain believably geeky.
Oh, and just in case you haven't heard of the movie (entirely possible, even though it comes out in just 2 weeks), here's the trailer:
UPDATE: Here's a much more current piece with James from Complex.com. It's a Q&A with both James and Common (also in Wanted) - on the first page, James has to answer questions about Common and on the second, Common must answer questions about James. I found it quite amusing and I highly recommend it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment