skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Clearing Up Some Spa Confusion
My friend Christina was in town this weekend and Robert and I were able to catch up with her a bit (we actually attended a party at her parents' place but because I'm retarded and forgot to upload the photos, I'll post about it tomorrow!). As you may know, Christina is an avid reader of the blog so she'd read my earlier post about the blinds and their usefulness in combating Fatty McMan-Boobs and his friends. She indicated to me that she thought the spa featured in my pictorial was the community spa and, as such, she was at a loss to understand why I would ever be under the impression that anyone in the spa could ever not see me... seeing as it's about a foot away from my sliding glass door. If that were the case, I would've moved out!! I would never be able to tolerate Fatty McMan-Boobs steaming up my windows, blinds or no blinds. So, in an effort to give you a better idea of just how close we are to the community hot tub, I thought I'd post a few photos of our patio. Oh, and don't be fooled by the absence of people - I took the photos at 10 o'clock on Sunday morning. Had I waited two hours - or taken the photos at 2 AM - there would've been oodles of peeps. Trust me.
This is the view of our hot tub from inside our living room. It is not the community spa. It came with the condo, complete with a blue lightbulb in the little outside light you see there above the spa and a 'privacy shade' that unfurled from the overhang. The heater was broken when we bought the condo, though, so we've never used it. I would never have used it anyway because I am just not a hot tub kind of gal... never have been. Still, we haven't gotten rid of it because we can't quite figure out how to dispose of it short of hacking it into pieces and throwing it in the Dumpster. It won't fit through the sliding door (obviously) so unless we want to set up a rig and hoist it over the balcony (doubtful!) it's probably going to be sitting there for a long time to come.
The hot tub also doubles as a place to store crap that has nowhere else to go and as Robert's pseudo-workbench. Hence the sawdust coating...
Here's the view from our balcony. Sure, it looks pretty now, but when 117 kids are shrieking "MARCO! POLO!" at the top of their lungs for hours and hours on end, the prettiness fades away really quickly. I hate Marco Polo. Hate it. Surely there must be some other pool game for children to play...? Ugh.
This is the view from our sink, peering out through the window. I've outlined both the pool and spa for your convenience. :o) We can see all the dancing, hear all the music and when we turn on the light in the kitchen at night to make dinner or get a glass of water, we can see one big shadowy blob split up and become two bobbing heads in the spa. It's kind of creepy. And gross. Why anyone would have (or come very close to having) sex in a communal hot tub I do not know. It's essentially a giant vat of sloughed-off skin, hair and other assorted fluids of I don't know how many people... YUCK!! Why would I want to sit in that much less do anything else in it?!! I. Would. Not.
So, as you can see, the spa is still too close for (my) comfort but definitely not as close as Christina thought it was! :o) I could certainly do without all the noise associated with the pool but the one small saving grace is that it's next to our living room and not our bedroom...

1 comments:
'Nuf said!!!
Post a Comment