* Guilt trips aside, here's the latest on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (they got rid of the '2' a few weeks back. Ooh.):
- We already knew the sequel would focus on Shia’s “Sam growing up and going to college … a teenager growing into a man,” but apparently “although both characters have grown from high school- to college-age since the first “Transformers” installment, only LaBeouf’s Witwicky is off to college because Fox’s Banes can’t afford school, Bay said.” But when Fox comes to visit, all hell breaks loose, because a scene shot outside the Ivy League school’s gym reportedly has Shia and Megan (along with a healthy number of extras) running for their lives.
- A mini-article in Empire featured this cryptic quote from Josh Duhamel: “I guess who he’s working with is probably the biggest change,” said Duhamel, before adding once more, presumably for emphasis. “Who he’s working with.”
Supposedly, we are to glean from Josh's remark that the Autobots and Decepticons will be teaming up to fight an even more dangerous foe like The Fallen (as hinted at by the film's title), alternately described as "a relatively obscure character from the comics" and "an incredibly powerful robot – one of the thirteen original Transformers." While Empire thinks this scenario is likely, TunaFlix leans toward not jumping to conclusions just yet. Since I don't care, I can't say. However, if you want to read the Empire piece or an on-set article from The New Jersey Times, you may do so here and here.* Also mentioned in today's TunaFlix updates was a bit on the 4th movie in the Bourne franchise. I must admit that I have a little egg on my face - I had no idea the 4th movie had already been greenlit! I knew there were talks and blah blah blah but had no inkling that the movie already has a proposed title (The Bourne Legacy) and release year (2010) or that it already has pages at IMDb and Wikipedia. Where the heck have I been?!!!! Dang.
Anyway, in a video interview with producer Frank Marshall (at the recent Saturn Awards), the IESB states that director "Paul Greengrass will aim to start shooting next summer with an eye towards a 2010 release, and although there is a fourth Bourne book (not written by Robert Ludlum), Marshall indicated they’ll be taking their “own direction” with the as-yet-untitled Bourne 4." Really? 'Cause I didn't get that the movies weren't faithful to the books when Marie DIED in the second movie whereas she's married and living with Jason in Maine in the books. But whatever. It doesn't matter if the 4th movie's plot involves Jason Bourne churning butter in an Amish community, I will have to see it because Robert has a man-crush on all things Bourne. Yip. Pee. I'll just have to run The Bourne Identity through my head as I pretend to watch #4...
0 comments:
Post a Comment