Wednesday, June 18, 2008

People Magazine's Hottest Man Whore

Mario Lopez? Really? If People really was awarding a prize to one of the biggest man whores, I would not disagree with their choice. But I wouldn't choose Mario as the 'Hottest Man Whore'* much less the 'Hottest Bachelor'!!! Blech. Granted, I'm on record as finding Mario a wee bit too cheesy, greasy and/or crunchy for my taste but still...

Besides, Mario just broke up with his girlfriend ("officially" anyway) a week ago... when exactly did People make their hottest bachelor selection? Yesterday? Or is a dude with a girlfriend but not a wife still considered a "bachelor"? 'Cause I definitely don't consider Robert a bachelor, y'know what I'm saying? And yeah, his case may be different and maybe I can see a case for a guy being a bachelor if he hasn't been dating his girlfriend for very long - but Mario and Karina had been dating for 2 years! I think People is just having a majorly retarded moment with this one...

It is common knowledge that Mario is a dog. A dah-hawg. With a capital D. He was married to Ali Landry (the old Doritos girl) for about 3 minutes before he cheated on her (actually, I think he cheated on her at his bachelor party, too, so I guess he did it before he ever WAS married!) and she got the marriage annulled. Apparently, old habits die hard because he cheated on Karina**, too - she even admitted as much on The Chelsea Handler Show:


Good grief! People is the biggest celebrity ass-kissing publication around - they won't print anything without a publicist's OK. So why are they falling all over themselves to promote this sleazeball and his "search for the perfect woman?" A magazine that so clearly caters to the Mini Van Majority should not have selected such a well-known (and unrepentant) man whore!! Tsk tsk, People. You should know better.

* I most definitely do NOT support man whores in any way, shape or form. Uh uh!!! I certainly don't expect to find myself in such a situation (though who does, really?) but if I ever am, I am decidedly not the type of gal to forgive and forget. Any of you that know me know that I never forget! :o) However, if I had to choose the "hottest" man whore, I guess I'd go with David Beckham. Not when he had long hair and was all greasy (when he was actually actively man-whoring); I like him much better now with his hair shorn and a little less bling. He seems like he's actually sorry about his past transgressions... and while I wouldn't have gotten over it had he done it to me, I guess I will give him a half-point for trying to change. Grudgingly.

UPDATE: Scratch that - I'm going with Ewan, hands-down. I don't like to think of him as a man whore - which is why he didn't immediately spring to mind - but rumor has it he definitely is one. A wife-condoned man whore but a man whore nonetheless. Dang.

** I had to share my favorite quote from this article:

He's really pissed. He's like, 'You're not supposed to talk to [press],' but when you make me look like a total whore, I'm going to tell somebody about it," Cooper says.

"He's a really great guy, don't get me wrong. He's a really nice person. He has a lot of great qualities, but he was not the most faithful person in the world," says Cooper.

Ah, yes. I, too, find that men who try to make women look like whores are really nice people. Don't you?

0 comments: