I realize that with a title such as this, the scope of what I may blog about is boundless. But in this case Robert is dumb because he completely sucks the joy and humor out of all my jokes.
Last night, I asked Robert if he thought 'Hey, Hey I've Got Man Boobs!' was as funny as I did. It was clear he did not. I said "But it matches the song perfectly" and then sang the Monkees theme for him (in both the original and the man-boob ways). He said he had no idea it was supposed to be like the song. And then he told me he didn't understand why he was supposed to know to sing a Monkees song to a photo of Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash? WTF? I said "That's not Johnny Cash! It's Davy Jones, stupid!" To which Robert replied "I thought it was a photo of Johnny Cash's face on a bodybuilder's body." Which begged the question: Why on EARTH would I post a photo of Johnny Cash's head on a bodybuilder's body?!!! "I don't know. That's why I didn't understand why it was funny," he says. Yeesh.
So, just in case you, too, were thinking I was a total retard and didn't understand why I thought the post was so funny, hopefully this clears it up a bit. Oy.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OK not to make myself sound like an idiot, but I totally didn't get that that was Davy Jones, nor that the Man-Boobs line was supposed to sound like the song. I get it now.
Michelle is dumb, too.
Dang. No one loves the blog enough to click on the articles to which I link. "Hey, hey, I've got man boobs! Davy Jones flaunts his unsightly pecs" is the first line in the article! I mentioned this to Robert and he said "Why would I click on an article about Johnny Cash? He's dead." I can't win.
i knew it was the monkeys - if it makes you feel any better. but i didn't know why it was associated with this old, saggy boob guy. who is Davy Jones? this probably isn't helping.....
Johnny Cash might be dead, but his man boobs live on! Well, I didn't immediately recognize Davy Jones, but I know who he is and I did not think the pic was Johnny Cash (sorry Robert). I initially passed on clicking the article, well, because it appeared to involve man boobs. Nuff said. But now I see the genius of it all! :)
I think Robert's 'Johnny Cash's face on a bodybuilder's body' interpretation has its roots in the Aaron Severson yearbook prank...
I'm ashamed to say, at first glance I thought it was Michael Douglas! Sorry Laur! :c)
Post a Comment