I can't tell you all how amused both Robert and I were by your comments; imagine, my shortest-ever post elicited the strongest response! :o) I particularly liked both Wade's "I initially passed on clicking the article, well, because it appeared to involve man boobs" and Christina's "i knew it was the monkeys - if it makes you feel any better. but i didn't know why it was associated with this old, saggy boob guy. who is Davy Jones? this probably isn't helping....." but Robert positively guffawed at Melanie's thinking it was a photo of Michael Douglas. I don't know why it tickled him so but, boy, it sure did! As disheartened as I am that so many of you didn't get my joke, a tiny piece of my ego was stroked by the fact that I do have a superior grasp on entertainment knowledge, however useless it may be. :o) That being said, I suppose my post should've looked something like this:
It actually made me snort at work... it has the right number of syllables and everything!
(In case you're not seeing the immediate connection here, that's a photo of Davy Jones... you should imagine the title being sung to the Monkees theme. Instead of "Hey, Hey We're the Monkees!" it's "Hey, Hey I've Got Man Boobs!" Because Davy Jones was a Monkee... get it? It's funny!)
Apparently, Davy's on a former teen idol tour (with David Cassidy - squee!) and he flashed a little flesh for the ladies. It wouldn't exactly light my fire but, then again, I was always a Micky Dolenz fan. ;o) Some of Davy's finest moments:
**Now when I beat a joke into the ground, you'll know you only have yourselves to blame!!**
Here's why I don't like to click articles in your blog: it takes me away from your blog, and then I have to use the annoying back button to get back to where I was in your blog!
On second thought, I should right click the link and select Open in New Window, but whatever.
Regardless, that picture was disturbing...
On a separate note, I was reading an old post about the Coldplay alternate video for Viva La Vida, only you can't watch that one (the ode to the Mode) from your link anymore-- got any other ways I could check that out?
Robert doesn't click on the articles, either, since RHI is a wee bit more stringent about that stuff than most. I guess I should just summarize whatever is pertinent to the post... I just don't want to make it too redundant for you guys!
2 comments:
Here's why I don't like to click articles in your blog: it takes me away from your blog, and then I have to use the annoying back button to get back to where I was in your blog!
On second thought, I should right click the link and select Open in New Window, but whatever.
Regardless, that picture was disturbing...
On a separate note, I was reading an old post about the Coldplay alternate video for Viva La Vida, only you can't watch that one (the ode to the Mode) from your link anymore-- got any other ways I could check that out?
Robert doesn't click on the articles, either, since RHI is a wee bit more stringent about that stuff than most. I guess I should just summarize whatever is pertinent to the post... I just don't want to make it too redundant for you guys!
Post a Comment