Move over, Mickey Mouse: Johnny Depp, having buccaneered his way through three "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies, is becoming the new mascot of Walt Disney Studios.
Depp, taking on the role of the Mad Hatter, has accepted an invitation to join the manic tea party in Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland."
In a surprise piece of casting, Depp also will play the sidekick Tonto in the upcoming movie version of "The Lone Ranger."
A daylong preview of upcoming Disney movies and projects, held Wednesday at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland, ended with a surprise appearance by the actor, outfitted as Jack Sparrow, walking onstage to the tune of "The William Tell Overture," the "Lone Ranger" theme.
...
Pushing the pedal to the metal, Disney and Pixar have moved up the animated sequel "Cars 2" from summer 2012 to summer 2011. Another sequel, "National Treasure 3," has been put into development, as has a fourth "Pirates."
Why, why, why, why, why are any of these films necessary?!!! I didn't see Cars (I couldn't bear to listen to Owen Wilson's nasal drawl for an entire film... sorry) so maybe its ending screamed for a sequel but I know for a fact that is not the case with the other two! I liked the original POTC fairly well; it didn't impress me at first but further viewings have improved my opinion. But I barely made it through 2 and had to be dragged kicking and screaming to watch 3! What else can possibly be done in these movies?!!!! NOTHING! Same goes for National Treasure - there is nothing, nothing, nothing left for Nicolas Cage and his rope hair to search for. There just isn't. Take a cue from the disappointing showing of Indy 4, Disney - let the poor man's Indiana Jones go. Please!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment