Thursday, September 11, 2008

Random Round-Up 22

I have not yet watched the season premiere of Fringe but apparently it was quite the confusing episode. Reviews have definitely been mixed from what I can tell but the general consensus is positive. Anyway, TVGuide.com posted a Q&A with exec producer Roberto Orci this morning that address some of the more frequently asked questions about the premiere (and the series in general). Also, if you missed the pilot, FOX is re-airing it this Sunday, the 14th, @ 8PM... or you can watch it online here.
______________________________

L&O:SVU's Christopher Meloni stars in a new Nickelodeon movie this Friday night called Gym Teacher: The Movie. Chris plays Dave Stewie, a former Olympic gymnast who humiliated himself at the '88 games and thus approaches his current job as gym teacher with an unusual... zeal. It's supposed to be a pretty cute movie, though since I'm not its target demographic, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it. :o) I wasn't really all that into High School Musical, after all (but I did try it. I know. I'm sad.) I do like Chris, though, so maybe I'll TiVo it... Oh! I'm almost forgot the point of this post - there's an interview with Chris on msnbc.com that's worth checking out if you're a fan. He briefly touches on being a bit worn out on Elliot Stabler which is a bit concerning; he doesn't say he wants to leave exactly but he does mention that
“[t]he sounds of what’s out there [acting-wise] are louder.” Boo.


______________________________


As you know, I've been feeling some TV lethargy for quite a while now. I'm bummed about new shows starting for a couple reasons: (1) I don't feel like having TV "homework." You know what's awesome about shows like Man vs. Wild? If I don't get to this week's episode this week, oh well! The season is short and the episodes are self-contained - if I have a couple pile up or I watch them out of order, it's not a problem. This is not the case with most series. Sucks. Once I have three episodes of one show on my TiVo, I start stressing. (2) I still have multiple episodes from various shows clogging up my TiVo. With the new season starting, I'm going to have to watch them! :o( Boo. Now, you may be thinking "If you don't want to watch them, doesn't that mean you should just stop watching that show?" Not necessarily. I tried explaining this to Robert and my dad earlier this week but they never got it so I don't expect you will, either. It's just that, even though I like certain shows (like Medium, SVU, Reaper, what have you) I just don't feel like watching them. They're good shows I just... don't want to expend the mental energy or something. I don't know; as I said, it's hard to explain!!

Just yesterday, however, I came across an article in Entertainment Weekly about this very topic. I am not alone!! I think this paragraph sums it up nicely:
[The episodes] sat in an orderly list on my ''My Recordings'' screen, glowering at me, reproachfully saying, ''You must watch me. I must be watched. Man up!'' I confessed this to a friend via e-mail, and she wrote back, ''I know just what you mean. This show is constipating my DVR!''

So true!!!! I know exactly what Mark (the author) is talking about! See - he feels my pain. I mentioned the article to Robert last night and he said he'd read a similar article recently about the most unwatched movies on peoples' Netflix queues. I think this is the article to which he's referring - it was published on Slate.com on Friday. I totally have movies I'm never going to watch in my queue, too, but I leave them there to remind me that I might want to watch them as a last resort if I ever have time. How stupid is that? Very. Still, I cannot bring myself to delete them. I have the iPod congestion, too, although I don't feel as bad about that for some reason. I don't know... my brain uses up a lot of energy stressing about stupid things! It can't be helped.

0 comments: