Friday, September 05, 2008

Random Round-Up 21

I haven't had any good "personal" posts lately... I guess nothing interesting happens to me. I don't know. I'm going to the NIN concert at the Oracle Arena tonight, though, so I'll try to make that an interesting post early next week! :o) Until then, here is some random stuff to get you through the weekend:

I wish I could embed this clip but alas I cannot - I can only provide you the
link. Jezebel has a post on a clip from Wednesday night's The Daily Show that is absolutely priceless. [I love The Daily Show... I really hope Jon isn't wooed away by CBS for a late-night show. :o( But I digress.] Here's the text from the post to give you the gist of the clip:
Have you noticed that ever since Sarah Palin was added to the Republican ticket, the GOP has been countering attacks on Palin's inexperience with a lot of "that's so sexist"? Remember just a few months ago when the GOP scoffed at the idea that Hillary was facing any sexism at all? Last night The Daily Show had an awesome segment where they showcased a Republican tendency for flip-flopping when they aired footage of right-leaning pundits like Karl Rove and Bill O'Reilly defending Palin, and then scrounged up footage from the past year where they use those same arguments to attack the likes of Hillary Clinton and Jamie Lynn Spears. Clip above.
______________________________


EW.com has an exit Q&A with Lady Lethah herself and adjsdljfodajfoi=]]]ghorighghdksjffffffff. Oh. I'm sorry. I fell asleep. (Actually, she's not as sour as I thought she'd be but... ugh. I just can't stand her!)
______________________________

Robert sent me this link to an article on the 10 Most Confusing Traffic Signs and pointed me to sign #9. Oh my gosh!!! Robert and I were JUST talking about this sign, I kid you not, on Tuesday on our way to see Nada Surf. Every time we see that sign we comment on how friggin' confusing it looks - and how the first time we happened upon it I think we were absolutely bumfuzzled and took the wrong turn. Granted, we are predisposed to find San Francisco driving confusing (people talk about L.A. being a difficult place in which to drive - HA! I'd take it any day over S.F.) but still... the sign definitely requires a long, hard look to decipher which lane you want to be in. Especially for poor Robert; the man is nothing if not utterly confused by street signs with arrows!!

9.) You Should Probably Just Turn Off The Car And Walk


Official Meaning of Sign: Drivers in the left lane can only make a sharp left; drivers in the lane second from the left turn either a secondmost sharp or a slightly less sharp left; drivers in the center lane make a fourthmost sharp left; drivers in the right-of-center lane turn the fifthmost sharp left or go straight; drivers in the far right lane go straight or right.
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: Just follow along with the general pattern of traffic and hope you don't die.
Where it's Located: San Francisco, California

1 comments:

Unknown said...

great clip from the daily show. absoultely hilarious!