skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ayyyy! Puzzle 7: Hitchcock's Leading Ladies
Oh good Lord - I'm going to SUCK at this one!!! I confess I have only seen two Hitchcock films from start to finish - Psycho and The Birds. I have seen bits of Marnie, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Rear Window and To Catch a Thief but... I wouldn't be able to tell you much about any of them! Plus, didn't Hitchcock use the same ladies multiple times? Like Grace Kelly and Tippi Hedren? So is it possible that the same actress is in the puzzle more than once? I don't know and the poster did not specify. It doesn't really matter to me, I guess, since I won't know most of these anyway!! You do, however, have to name both the actress and the movie. Yeah. I'll do that.
As per usual, answers will be posted Wednesday and my guesses are in the comments.
1 comments:
Ooooookay... so, I'm totally going to blow this one but let's see what I know off the top of my head, hmm? I think I know (on my own):
2. Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief
5. Janet Leigh in Psycho
6. Tippi Hedren in The Birds
7. Doris Day in The Man Who Knew Too Much
That being said, I am now at a loss. I'm going to guess that Carole Lombard is #1 because a quick scan of Hitchcock's movies on IMDb shows she was "considered by many to be the prototype for the icy blondes in Hitchcock's films." So, I guess the movie is Mr. and Mrs. Smith? No idea.
No. 4 is definitely Grace Kelly in Rear Window because IMDb has that exact photo on their site.
I'm guessing #3 is Joan Fontaine in Rebecca because, well, I am taking an absolutely wild guess... although I guess it could be Ingrid Bergman in Notorious. Again, no idea. Same goes for Tippi Hedren in Marnie for number 10.
I'm going to guess Waltzes from Vienna for #8 because that's the only movie I found with a floofy dress!! The lead in that is Jessie Matthews so I guess I'm guessing her, too.
My brain is tired; I have no guess for number 9. :o(
Post a Comment