Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oscar Noms

Okay. I know someone somewhere will wander to my blog to see my reaction to this morning's Oscar nominations. But I have a confession to make: I don't care very much. Inconceivable! I know! But with everything that's going on I have fallen weeks behind in my magazines and am thus not really up on predictions, prognostications, etc. (I am at least current in my Web gossip so don't worry that I'm having a meltdown or anything!) The only visceral reaction I had to the announcements was to the inclusion of The Reader in the Best Picture category. Now, I haven't read much lately but what I have read roundly pooh-poohed the film. In fact, msn.com summed up the nomination best: "[The nomination of] "The Reader" shocks the world. Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress. Yet again, Hollywood proves that anything about the Holocaust gets recognition. Even if it sucks."

And so, since I have nothing of any real value to offer, I give you this.




(Yes, I will brush up on my knowledge for my annual Oscar pool... though, I still haven't received my prize for winning last year [ahem, ROBERT!]...)

0 comments: