Monday, January 05, 2009

The Most Depressing Time of the Year

Is now. Boo. I HATE when Christmas is over. Hate. It. Ugh. It honestly is enough to bring tears to my eyes - I'm not kidding. The beginning of the new year is beyond depressing to me. It signals the end of Christmas (and all of its joys, like songs, lights, trees, etc.), the end of vacation and the stark realization that there is no longer anything good to look forward to. The beginning of the new year also jolts you - quite unpleasantly - into the reality of your day-to-day life once again. Work resumes. School starts. It's cold and dark when you drive home at night and there are no lights on houses to cheer you up. You take stock of your life and realize that your job sucks, you weigh more than you'd like and you now have to start paying for all those Christmas gifts you charged. De. Press. Ing. Or is it just me? *sigh*

I am back at work now and so my blog postings shall resume. Today is the start of the winter quarter here at The Bay, though, so I'm actually rather busy helping out on the phones. (Which I also abhor. Damn you, New Year!!!!) Mew. But I'll try and get back to a regular posting schedule this week. Until then...

2 comments:

S Drinkerman said...

Well yes, "tru dat". But, I do have to say that I like your new layout for 2009, and especially the birthday cake :o)

Lauren said...

Thanks! I figured it was appropriate, seeing as both the blog and myself are celebrating birthdays this month. ;o)