Thursday, January 08, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, it is indeed my birthday... the last one of my 20s. :o( MEW. In fact, one of my coworkers (the one that insulted my hair a while back) is absolutely convinced that I'm 30 today and just saying I'm 29 because I'm in denial. I am not taking this as a compliment. I told him I'd be much more depressed if I really was 30 but he's not buying it. (He also made fun of me because I'm wearing a purple shirt today, which matches my flowers and my balloon. He's kind of a douche.)

I am depressed that this is the start of my official slide into 30, though, to be sure. Plus, my birthday falls at, like, the worst time of year! I love my parents dearly but they really screwed this up for me. My birthday falls right when you have to go back to work, go back to school, take down Christmas lights, throw out your dead tree... it SUCKS! And it falls right after you've taken time off for the holidays, so it's less convenient/acceptable/needed to take the day off for your birthday. Hmpf. (My New Year's resolution was clearly not to stop whining!! Sorry.)

BUT. My birthday it is and I am determined to enjoy it. Robert, of course, worked extra hard to make it a special day - he woke up early and bought me donuts, so when I came into the living room there was a donut (with a candle), a card and a stuffed monkey waiting for me. He sang "Happy Birthday" and then we sat down for breakfast together. When I got to my car, there was a bouquet of birthday balloons in the back seat and just a few minutes ago an arrangement of flowers was delivered. :o) He's pretty darn good... I think I'll keep him.

Here are a few photos of my festive desk, (taken with my cell phone so apologies for the less-than-stellar quality):




(Oh, and just FYI - the birthday cake in the blog header is for both me and the blog (though mostly for me!). The blog officially turned 1 year old yesterday. Awww...)

0 comments: