Robert and I headed down to Disneyland last Sunday with my sister and brother-in-law and let me just say this: I never knew that Disneyland closed. Did you? I am here to tell you, my friend, that indeed it does! It was really annoying - Disneyland totally let people (pay to) park and get on the tram. But when the tram dropped us off at Downtown Disney, we were informed that Disneyland was closed - due to to overcrowding - and that everyone was to go to California Adventure instead. What?!! Now, I took the news well because I didn't even hear it. However, I did hear the garbled "Wah wah wah" of the driver saying something over the intercom and I saw Robert's head about to explode so I knew something bad was going down. :o)
However! We had all bought our tickets online before going down to L.A. so luckily we were exempt from the ban. Whew! Then again, when Disneyland closes because it already has too many people, it redefines the word "crowded." Seriously! When you have to wait in line to wash your hands in the bathroom, you KNOW the lines for the rides aren't messing around. We had park hopper tickets so we were able to escape to the less-crowded California Adventure when necessary but still... We waited over 90 minutes for Indiana Jones and when we got a FastPass for Space Mountain at 1, the return window was from 11PM to midnight!!! Crazy. Most rides 'sold out' of FastPasses by 2 in the afternoon (if not sooner). Still, we were able to persevere and have a great time. We all get along really, really well - Robert and Wade practically share a brain - so the trip was an unparalleled success!! I love, love, love seeing all the holiday decorations at the park - totally worth it. That being said, I don't think we'll ever go after Christmas again! (The attendant said Christmas Day and New Year's Eve are the worst of the worst, but that the days in between aren't so hot, either. You don't have to tell me twice.)
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Christmas at Disneyland
Posted by
Lauren
@
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Labels:
Christmas,
Disneyland,
Family,
Personal,
Slideshow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment