This honestly doesn't distress me that much - it's not a huge surprise given the outcome of last season. Plus, I wouldn't mind a Lurv 3, y'know what I mean? ;o) Still, I thought it only right to share the scoop (especially since he addresses his weave!! Yes! We all knew it! Glad to have it confirmed...!):Basically, a link to the article listed below. It's pretty short, so here's the whole shebang -
Fool me once, shame on Bret Michaels. Fool me twice, shame on sad, gullible me...For some inexplicable reason, it wasn't hard for me to believe that an '80s rocker could find love on a VH1 reality show. After all, the former Poison frontman spent plenty of time waxing about not wanting a "Rock of Lust" or a "Rock of Like" but a true "Rock of Love." With sentiments like that, the bandanna aficionado had me drinking the vodka-spiked Kool Aid in no time. Last weekend's mostly-dull-except-for-the-Heather-and-Daisy smackdown reunion special gave me little reason to question Michaels' intentions. In fact, he and winner Ambre seemed quite cozy together and even dished about secret trysts during their VH1-sanctioned separation period between the end of filming and the season finale.But just as quickly as my rock 'n' roll love bliss marathon had begun, it came to a soul-crushing end after I stumbled upon a recent interview with Michaels. In it, he claims he never really came into the show looking for love. "I said this from day one: I went into this to have fun and maybe find someone to like," he says. "True love is not going to be found instantly on a TV show." Yes, that's probably true, but that's not what you said before! I cry foul! Michaels goes on to say that he and Ambre are not in love (they're going to see what happens), and he doesn't dismiss the possibility of a third Rock of Love installment, though he's now hoping to star in a new show called Bret Michaels Big Rock Road Show.Who would rather watch a bus load of busted, middle-aged rockers instead of a bevy of dim-witted (but amusing) beauties? They may be vapid, but I'll take the Rock of Love girls any day over former rock gods wiggling in too-tight jeans and guyliner. [I agree - more Lurv!! Less rock!!!]
Q: Do you feel that doing a reality show hurts your credibility as a rocker?
MICHAELS: I am a rock star/musician who has had, with a lot hard work, a continuous and long career with or without reality TV. When I went in and they came after me when I was going to do "Rock of Love," they gave me this novelty concept. They were trying to go back to '86. I lived '86. I loved '86, but I live in 2006/2007. I love my spandex and cowboy boots from '87. I thought it was fantastic. (But) I didn't want my show to be a novelty. I have generations of fans. I think the show has been a plus for this reason: it has exposed my solo act. It has exposed that this is really me.
Q: Isn't it every man's dream to date three women at once?
MICHAELS: The date is the dream because it looks good for your image. However, saying lines while the other ones can hear it and then turning to another and saying the same line is not a smart move. [It's also not smart to give them the same necklace as a gift, man! He's just lucky only one of the two finalists actually wore the monstrosity to their final dinner-a-trois!]
Q: Did you have a conversation with Jess about breaking up?
MICHAELS: When she came back from the show, she was cold as ice and angry. I put her on the spot. I said, "Listen, if it is for show, why would I be inviting you to dinner?" At the reunion, they never showed this, but I said, "How long have you been with your boyfriend?" Her boyfriend and her sell shirts in Chicago. Maybe you should ask her who is for show. I thought she was a pretty girl and intelligent and funny. All the other girls told me she has a boyfriend who sells shirts in Chicago and that was the shirt she was wearing the whole show.
Q: What are you hiding under that bandanna?
MICHAELS: My hair is combined of my hair and the finest extensions Europe has to offer. I do the show without it on all the time and they won't film me. They are like, "Put your bandanna back on. It is your image." It is my signature thing. [As annoying as the bandanna is, if he's ever seen on the show without it, it's very disconcerting. It doesn't really look like "real" hair and it sits very strangely atop his head - it's like a car accident. I don't want to look at it but I can't look away! And this year's coif is quite the improvement over last season's yarn, that's for sure!]
0 comments:
Post a Comment