Thursday, April 10, 2008

My New RealiTV 'Boyfriend'

Let me start off by saying that in no way, shape or form has my new boyfriend usurped Ronnie's place in my heart. Never! But, I have to have a favorite to root for when I watch any reality TV show and, oddly enough, my favorites are usually guys. So sue me! But that doesn't mean they're usually hot guys - my favorites in the last season of Amazing Race were the Goths, Kynt and Vyxn. Kynt was the antithesis of a "hot hunk of man-flesh" (at least in my book), let me tell you!! But they were an interesting team comprised of decent people (not horribly snippy Ron or worst-furniture-mover-ever TJ) so they were my favorites. Anyway, this is not my point!! My point is that I always have a favorite and for this season's Top Chef, it's Mark. Or, as I refer to him, my little Kiwi.

Mark isn't hot but he is adorably dorky... plus, he used Vegemite in his pizza on the first challenge and he has a cute accent. Look at the man's press photo - he just oozes endearing geekiness!!!! Unfortunately, he's not going to win (my favorites rarely do, I must admit); I just discovered today that all previous TC winners have been CIA grads and poor Mark is "self taught." Oh boy. This season features 5 CIA alums - Jennifer, Dale, Richard, Spike and Nimma (though she was the first to go so maybe a CIA degree isn't as golden as they'd like you to think!) - so Mark's chances are looking slim. Still, he's a cutie patootie and I'm pulling for my Kiwi. Go Mark! :o)

P.S. This isn't the photo to which I was referring in the above paragraph... it was a bitch to find photo of the man that I could save to my hard drive! All the Bravo photos are embedded in a weird format and I can't save them. Sucks! But this photo is still pretty geeky so I thought it would suffice.

0 comments: