Thursday, April 03, 2008

NBC Schedule

NBC has announced their schedule for the 2008-2009 season and Robert will be crushed - there's no mention of Journeyman. Yes, yes, we all knew it wasn't coming back but Robert has really been holding out hope for a last-minute reprieve. Not so much. If he'd only mailed his 3 boxes of Rice-a-Roni to NBC in protest like he was going to... maybe that would've been enough to turn the tide. Now we'll never know - and he'll have to live with that.

A couple of interesting tidbits:

  1. The Office is getting a spin-off. This is definitely one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. I like The Office, I really do, but I don't think it has enough oomph to sustain two 1/2-hour shows (anytime it's been extended to 1 hour "specials," it's really suffered). Plus, I hate episodes of shows I like that are dedicated simply to introducing new characters that are going to be spun off. Who cares?! Get me back to my actual show, please. Bleh.

  2. American Gladiators won't be back until Summer '09. Dang. Any smidgen of interest from the American people may have dissipated by then, NBC! I like AG but even I may forget about Titan's thighs in 15 months...

  3. Medium is being pushed back to Sundays @ 10 (and returning in winter, but that was to be expected). I really like this show - I wish they'd leave it alone so people would know where to find the darn thing!

  4. NBC's schedule looks a little... tired. I am in a general funk about TV at the moment, so that may be coloring my opinion but my TV-viewing appetite isn't whetted by the prospect of The Philanthropist, Merlin or Shark Taggers.

0 comments: