UPDATE: So, here's the general round-up of recaps of last night's episode:
- OUTzone - And the Winner Is ...
- TWoP - Recaplet
- Gawker - Hoes Before Bros
- AfterElton - Liveblogging
- BravoTV - Tyson's Blog

And so, the season of hot men is over. I hate when shows that I like end - where will I go for my weekly man model fix?! I guess there's always YouTube... *sigh* (Though, I will say that the finale had a shocking lack of skin, which was sort of a bummer. Go out with a bang, I say. Clearly, no one asked me.)
I, of course, had to see who won before I watched the finale and so I suppose you could say I viewed it with a tainted eye. I hate Holly! I must grudgingly admit, however, that she is a good choice for the win. She definitely wants it, has really been working toward becoming a model for a while now, has done exceedingly well in most challenges and certainly looks like a runway model. Whatevs.
I think out of the final four, both Holly and Ronnie were the contestants that really had the most "model" drive; they have really worked toward becoming a model for some time and both demonstrated the most passion for the business. Perry (who I was surprised to find in last place) wanted to win but I think would be just as happy being the center of attention in any medium. Ben sort of rode Ronnie's coattails into the finale, I think, thanks to all the hype over his potential love affair with Ronnie. True, their little "flirtation" also benefited Ronnie* (and I would not at all be surprised to learn that they sat down before the competition started to work out a plan that would invest viewers in their journey) BUT I still think Ronnie was someone honestly interested in learning how to become a better model through the experience. And I find him hot so... yeah, that counts for something, too! :o) Holly's fiance is hot but (a) that's not enough to negate the annoying-ness of her teeny, tiny, squeaky, whiny voice and the 4 to 1 ratio of "like"s to actual words; and (b) he was never shirtless so major loss of points there.
All in all, I suppose I'll survive Ronnie's disappointment. He was in the bottom many more times than Holly, and I guess that has to count against him a little. Bleh. Plus, as I mentioned in an earlier post - and as Tyson reinforced - I think all the finalists have a fantastic shot at snagging an agency and cultivating successful modeling careers (should they choose to pursue it, of course). I don't know about Tyson's obsession with Ronnie working in a Target campaign; he trotted that out ad nauseum in a piece in Entertainment Weekly yesterday and I don't know why Tyson felt he needed to beat it into our heads. We get it - you don't think he's edgy or 'high fashion' and as such is no second coming of Tyson. Now go away! I don't care for whom or what Ronnie models... as long as it's done with as little clothing as possible. :o)
* Just like Perry's whole "is-my-girlfriend-dating-Britney's-man-du-jour" drama benefited him. It sure gave him a whole lot of air time, no? And a good chance to show his 'range of emotions' - no one else shouted "WHORE!" with such vigor. If you believe the Ronnie/Ben scenario (no, I will not call it a 'bromance' and you can't make me!) was staged then you must admit that Perry's emotional turmoil was manufactured, too. [The best example of this occurred when Tyson showed Perry the tabloid story about Amanda: "We usually try to keep this stuff from you guys but... HERE!"] Oh, and Ben is totally getting a divorce. You should have heard Robert's cackle at Ben's face when he hugged his wife for the first time after 3 months - my left ear is still ringing. Ben clearly wasn't as excited to see April as she was to see him (his face looked something like a deer in the headlights... that would rather be hit by the car than hug this woman) and I don't think they'll be together forever. This experience has clearly made Ben think he can do better with his life - and he also clearly thinks that the first step starts with man whoring it up. I give it 2 months.
0 comments:
Post a Comment