Friday, April 25, 2008

Moo Moos

Here's a random story for you: Monday night I taped a week-old repeat of Leno because one of his guests was Mark Harmon. So, Mark starts telling this story about how, back when he was a lifeguard in Laguna Beach or someplace like that, he was used to seeing dead bodies pop up out of the water (okaaaaaaay...). On one particular day, he saw what he thought was a dead body float to the surface, so he grabbed his tube and swam out to look it over. It turned out to be a dead cow - the head and tail portions were still submerged but the stomach was protruding from the water. As he pondered what to do, some dudes passing by in a boat (jokingly) told him he should call someone to tow it in and Mark thought that sounded like a logical course of action. So, he tied his tube around the cow and started to swim... He got about 5 strokes out before he realized he wasn't feeling any pull on the cord. All of a sudden, he feels a bunch of stuff hitting his legs and he looks around and he's surrounded by a circle of yellow scunge. Turns out, his tube had cut right through the cow and the things hitting his legs were hordes of fish coming to feed on the cow's innards. Yum!

Now, I guess I'm retarded because I'm thinking "How in the world did a cow get into the ocean?!!" But, I didn't think too much about it and went on with my day. I called Robert up yesterday afternoon to ask him something and relayed the story to him. He says "Oh! This guy I work with just went to Hawaii and said he and his wife saw a dead cow in the ocean. Apparently, it's not that uncommon - they fall off cliffs while grazing and land in the water." Totally random and why on Earth would Robert know that but that's just the kind of guy he is. It's often a bit annoying but in this case it was enlightening; I was so happy to know how the cow got there! :o) I did a quick Yahoo! search and only found a couple articles relating to falling cows but still... an interesting fact to know.

0 comments: