These are just a few things I've noticed during my past week of jury duty...I'm sure I'll add more when I have time!
Ripe juror - the older gentleman seated next to me everyday is retired from work but I think he may have also retired from bathing. Every time the man gets up from or shifts in his seat, a very pungent breeze blows my way. Kind of sucks.
Sniff Test - just as an aside, this is a quick article on the top 5 male celebrities who look like they, too, have given up on soap. Unfortunately, in McConaughey's case we know it's true. (He admitted to a deodorant-free lifestyle when he was elected as People's Sexiest Man Alive). And we also know the man works out and is shirtless at every available moment...bleh!! Word of advice? Stand upwind.
Germs - if I don't get sick during my tenure, I will be very, very, very surprised. There's a lot of hacking, hewing, sneezing, sniffling, coughing and I don't know what else happening by and around a lot of people in a very confined space. I'm really looking forward to the nasal drippage.
Inappropriate Kleenex - I sit right in front of the witness stand and on the stand is a box of Kleenex (not generic tissue - actual Kleenex). Anyway, I naturally spend a lot of time looking at said stand and said box and I have to say the box disturbs me somewhat. Here's is an artist's rendering of the box design:
If you've ever seen the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond when Marie gives a sculpture she made in art class to Ray, you know exactly what I'm thinking. I find it very distracting!! And the box is that shape, too - it's not a square or a rectangle. It's a...curved shape. With tissue erupting from the center slot. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever recommend this particular style to anyone I know.
2 comments:
I just saw this kleenex box in duane reade....awful. Kleenex is like the Disney of tissue.
Robert was a little disturbed that I felt compelled to share this story so I'm glad someone else shared my distaste for the design! :o) It is awful and it's all I can look at now...
(Your Disney comment was right on, too. Very clever! Though I'm sad to admit it took me a good day before I realized what you meant. I'm sleep deprived - cut me some slack!)
Post a Comment