
Robert and I had a date for dinner and drinks with Karina on Thursday night after work... I tried my best to fulfill the whole 'drinks' aspect of the evening but, as usual, fell short. When we first arrived, I tried a sip of Karina's Ultimate Electric Lemonade (I think) and it was good - tasted like a blue Icee. Of course, when I received mine, it had had a much longer affair with the booze than had Karina's and I didn't like it. So, I finished off Karina's fruity good drink and she polished off my too-much-Curacao one. So, I was off to a marginal start - it only took 6 sips or so to empty the glass. I then tried Karina's Passion fruit Blah Blah 'Rita and didn't particularly care for it, so I ordered my old standby: a Tidal Wave (basically, a Pina Colada with some Curacao). I got about 5 sips in on that one before I decided I just liked my Coke and was a happy camper from then on out. I liked the Tidal Wave; it was very fruity without tasting too much like alcohol, so that wasn't the problem. Here's my thing: even if I find an alcoholic beverage that doesn't actually taste like one, it's still akin to a milkshake to me. Yeah, I like to drink them but they're not thirst-quenching and, at the end of the day, I just want to drink something with my meal that doesn't leave me feeling parched. I'm not really into drinking to get drunk, that's for sure, so I guess I'm not so fun to take out on a drinking date. Oh, well. I need to just suck it up and accept it, I suppose - I am not a great drinker and I never will be. I guess that means if you ever need a DD, you can always give me a call... :o)
0 comments:
Post a Comment