If you know me at all, you know I love me some Christian Bale - woohoo!!!! And no, I did not become a fan after Batman Begins* - I loved the hotness that is Christian way back in '94 when he was in Little Women. Yes, I've seen a lot of movies just because he's in them and yes, even if it's a bad movie, it's totally worth it!!! Best bad movie? Reign of Fire. Shirtless, beefed up Christian, Matthew McConaughey and Gerard Butler?!?! Yes, please!!!!!! Hominahominahomina...(Oh, and American Psycho is hot because his body is to die for in that movie and his ass is...well, it's on my screen saver. Sweet!! He also has a good tush shot in Metroland, complete with full frontal nudity (always a bonus!) but his body isn't as muscular or defined in the latter as it is in the former so it ranks a few points below...)
Anyhoo, Christian has been #1 on my Freebie Five** list for many years now and I am always on the lookout for new photos, interviews, what have you in which he's involved. I am still waaaaay behind in my entertainment gossip these days but here are just a couple of links to some Bale-related tidbits:
- Entertainment Weekly Q&A
- Covers The Dark Knight and the upcoming Terminator redo
* There's a quote from Fametracker.com that I've always thought was the perfect encapsulation of how it feels to be a veteran on a newly hot celeb's bandwagon:
It's okay to have mixed feelings when one of your favourite under-the-radar celebrities suddenly breaks out with a major role. On the one hand, you feel gratified that the rest of the world has caught on to what you've known about him all along: that he's cute, talented, brilliant all around. On the other hand, you remember when there was room enough on the bandwagon to put your feet up, and now you're lucky if you can find a seat at all. Damn all you Johnny-come-latelys! Yeah, that's right: I was here first!
** The Freebie Five is a term yanked from Lainey Gossip, and it refers to "a concept inspired by Friends which [is]... a list of 5 'unattainables' you’d have permission to tap without consequence from your significant other should the opportunity arise." My top two have always been Christian Bale and Ewan McGregor, in that order, but the last 3 slots vary a lot from month to month or year to year!! (Right now the last 3 slots are occupied by James McAvoy, David Beckham and Dave Gahan. But I could just as easily have Gerard or Eric Bana or Brad Pitt or Edward Norton...)
I may have to start toning down my hot men posts... I have a feeling that I sound like a big ol' perv and that's really not a reputation I'm going for! Robert has passed this on to some of his friends at work, and I really don't want them to think I'm a raving weirdo... :o(
0 comments:
Post a Comment