As I'm sure many of you have seen by now, Patrick Swayze may be suffering from cancer. According to the National Enquirer, Patrick checked into Stanford University Medical Center to receive treatment for pancreatic cancer. I first saw this on The Daily Mail, but it quickly saw that it was also mentioned on Defamer, Perez Hilton, the Huffington Post and a bunch more sites. This doesn't mean it's true, of course - until I see something on People.com, I won't believe it. ;o) However, this isn't the first time I've heard of Patrick checking into Stanford - I remember reading about it sometime last month, though it was reported at the time as being due to a "gastro-intestinal procedure" from which he'd already begun to recover. Only time will tell, I guess. In the meantime, here's a humorous story about Patrick to perhaps lift your spirits:
The Top 20 Stupid Faces Made By Patrick Swayze in Ghost
(They like #8 - I'm partial to #19 myself).

UPDATE: People.com confirmed it - to a degree.
It took me awhile, but I finally found a video of Swayze's famous SNL Chippendales skit with Chris Farley. Surprisingly, no one had the video as a standalone clip! This is the best I could do... the song the poster overdubbed the clip with is awful, so I'd watch it with the volume off. :o) If memory serves, the song actually used in the skit was Loverboy's "Working for the Weekend"...
UPDATE: Gawker provided the complete skit, sans ass music! (And, I was right about the original tune-age - sweet!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment