I know I said in yesterday's post that I may be posting more article text alongside links but I was wrong. That sucker was a bitch to format - gah!!! Me no likey. Plus, it was 400 pages long, and no one wants to read a post that looks like it's going to take your entire lunch hour to read. So, unless I think Robert really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wants to read something, I'm not going to post a lot of text... ever again.
Now - on to the random stuff we love so much! I am totally into Bravo's Make Me A Supermodel these days. I didn't watch it when it first started but one of my work friends chatted with me about it and it sounded hot. Half-naked men getting their asses shaved for a thong?! Count me in!! ;o) Actually, we really could have seen a lot more ass pre- or post-shaving (and, later, waxing) because it's not what's being done to the ass that looks good. It's the ass. Der. Anyway, the men on the show are FINE, except Casey who's kind of...scrawny. No muscle definition = no interest, dig? I don't want big, giant, grotesque muscles but if I can't tell the difference between you and the flat-chested female models, you are so not for me. (There are female contestants, by the way, but it appears as though the majority of viewers are women and gay men, because the girls are dropping like flies. The judges have finally picked up on this and keep making them safe so that us viewers have to part with a hot bod whether we want to or not. Sucks!!)
Ben is totally still on the show only because the viewers want to see if he (a straight, married prison guard from Tennessee) will actually ever hook up with Ronnie (who has been very open about his affection for Ben...and Ben has been pretty darn receptive up until the last couple weeks. Needless to say, I don't think he'll be comfortable going back to Tennessee as a prison guard after the show). And Frankie was horrific but he's gone now so yay. I do feel bad that he had to cut his Fabio hair into a Taylor Hanson/Richie Sambora man-bouffant just to get kicked off but better him than my Ronnie. Whoo! He seems like a nice guy and his body...sorry, I spaced out there for a minute. Where was I? I don't care that he's gay - I don't want to marry him, I just want to look at him!!! Naked. Ah, good times. But I digress. Perry is hot, too, and definitely improving as his hair grows out but he's just so damn cocky (if you'll pardon the expression) that I kind of want him to lose just to knock him down a bit. Besides, he's obviously talented; I think he'll do fine in the business even if he doesn't win. In fact, Tyson waxed rhapsodic about Perry in the last challenge on his Bravo blog:
I feel like we’ll get more out of Perry. He could really this all the way into stardom. I think 10 years down the line, Perry is going to be like me. He’s going to go into acting, he’s going to be a great actor, we’re going to love the movies that he’s in, and we’re going to say, “This kid came from Make Me a Supermodel.”
I started off acting before I got into modeling. I just never got that role, so a friend of mine recommended I try modeling for a while, and I was like, “This acting thing isn’t working out, I’ll try modeling now.” I jumped into it, and the next thing you know, I started working. I’ve gotten to the point now where I get scripts sent to me, and I can go on auditions and do well at them and impress people enough to get a callback.
So, since he's clearly just as awesome as Tyson (what movies was he in? Oh yeah - he had that star-making turn as "Man/Prisoner" in 2002's Gully), Perry - you're gonna be a STAR!!!!! ;o)
After reading Tyson's inspiring life story, I stumbled across a link to the blog on Bravo's "little sister site" OutzoneTV.com. Waaaaay more entertaining than anything the actual judges have to say, trust me! So, if you're a fan of the show like me, you might want to check it out:
Sample excerpt:
Okay, so we've been watching our comrades over at Bravotv.com slave away at the website for "Make Me a Supermodel," and we decided the time has come that we share our own particular OUTzone spin on this. There's just too much gay. We thought it last week, and then we saw this week's episode. We can go through all the "this show is gayer than a..." jokes, but we really just hope that you'll fill in that blank yourself. This show is gayer than two dudes holding hands while they're getting their asses waxed. Oh. Wait. That actually happens.
0 comments:
Post a Comment