Monday, February 04, 2008

I just said that!

I really wish random entertainment knowledge (and sometimes prescient infotainment ramblings) was a viable career option because if it was, I'd be all over it! Dang.

For example, last night I was watching TV with Robert when an ad for Jessica Alba's new film The Eye came on; this prompted me to share a diatribe on her oddly successful career with Robert. It went a little something like this ...

Now, I understand that she's hot and all that but all of her movies STINK! Did anyone see her 2007 offerings (That would be Good Luck Chuck and Awake [which was shot around 2005 but sat on the shelf for a couple years ... always a good sign], if you can't remember)? Yes, yes, I know, people saw the Fantastic Four sequel but that's more to do with it being a comic book movie than a Jessica Alba vehicle. All the movies/TV shows I could remember off the top of my head - Into the Blue, Never Been Kissed, Dark Angel - were not mega-blockbusters. Into the Blue was basically made so that we could ogle Alba and Paul Walker in bathing suits. That, actually, wasn't so hair-brianed an idea ... but I digress. I then checked IMDb.com and rattled off those credits I'd omitted: Honey, Idle Hands, Sin City and The Ten. Were any of these huge star-making movies?!?!! NO!! I don't understand. She's hot but is she that hot?! Hot enough that her body alone is enough to propel her to her next film role? I guess so, because The Eye opened at number 2 ... and now my brain is melting. I just do not get it.

Then, this morning, a small piece of vindication. I stumbled across this article on Defamer.com - Jessica Alba's Career is Rotten - and I felt like I was not alone. (I could have written this article. And how awesome is it that it popped up the day after my own thoughts on the subject? I'll tell you - very.)

I also felt a little pride in myself for having my finger on the pulse of entertainment blogs even when I don't know I do!

0 comments: