Thursday, February 07, 2008

Immature Joke Coming On...

Sooooo ... I was checking out Gawker.com when I came across this enchanting article about Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s candy bar, Big Mo'. Yeah. You read that right. Appropriately, the article's title is "Inexplicable Endorsements." Anyway, I was intrigued so I followed up and discovered this article on other celebrity food endorsements: B-List Celebrity Endorsed Foodstuffs (I had no idea Steven Seagal has an 'Asian Experience' energy drink! I really can't imagine what that tastes like...) Unfortunately, the article did not explain why Dale thought " Big Mo' " was a good name for a NASCAR driver's candy bar!! Did he not think about all the immature giggles just waiting to eek out of every wrapper? Hello?!!! So, after a little digging I found an article from USA Today that explained: Big Mo' is a play off Earnhardt's hometown of Mooresville, N.C., and a moniker he and his close friends have — the Dirty Mo' Posse. Uh huh. Okay. Maybe he needs to put that anecdote on the wrapper because I really don't think the majority of consumers (especially those outside the NASCAR world) are thinking it's short for Mooresville. Seriously.

0 comments: