After the Strike: When Will Your Favorite Shows Return?
Supposedly, it will be updated throughout the day to reflect more accurate info as it becomes available ...
----- ----- ----- ----- -----
On a totally different topic, sharing Robert’s obliviousness to Leah’s feathers, (see “Cankle Head & Cadaver Eyes”), reminded me of one of my favorite stories … and an excellent example of his prevalent absentmindedness. Back in college, I used to keep all my shoes lined up neatly in pairs all across my closet floor. One night, I’d taken off a pair of my shoes to watch TV and, since Robert was headed to my room, I asked him to please put away my shoes. He left with the shoes and came back without them, so I assumed he’d done as I asked. And he did … sort of. It wasn’t until he’d gone home and I’d headed back to my room did I discover that, yes, he’d put the shoes back in my room but they didn’t quite make it in the closet. Not a big deal but, still, the next day I asked him about it – he said he couldn’t remember where the shoes went.
Now, let me paint a picture for you. Imagine a closet floor covered with shoes save a two-shoe-wide hole right behind the door runner. Now imagine a pair of shoes sitting exactly in front of that hole, directly in front of the runner. Like, if the shoes had been scooted up two inches, they would have found a nice, snug home in the two-shoe-wide hole. But he couldn’t remember where there shoes went. Riiiiiiiiiight. Actually, I believe him; I’m sure he didn’t put two and two together to determine where the shoes went. And that just makes it all the more sad! I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again – for a smart guy he can be pretty dumb. :o)
0 comments:
Post a Comment