Sunday, February 24, 2008

WE WON!

Hooty-hoo!!!! That’s right, baby … we won!! And all of Robert’s parts are still intact, you’ll be glad to know. :o) The only award he really messed me up on was Best Actress – he didn’t want to pick Marion Cotillard because he thought she was “annoying” in the movie. However, I can’t pin all the blame on him because if I hadn’t thought Julie Christie had a real shot of winning, I wouldn’t have let him pick her.

We won the RHI pool with a total score of 17 out of 24 categories correct, which is respectable, I suppose, but not my finest hour to be sure. I am disappointed that I didn’t do better, especially since I could have had a few more categories right had I stuck with my first choices. (I had a TA in college that always told me never to second-guess; stick with whatever was your gut feeling – never erase!) Still, I am a wee bit competitive and am pleased as punch to have come out victorious, no matter the score! ;o) I admit, I take the Oscar pool a bit too seriously … I am well aware that it doesn’t have any bearing on my everyday life but I have a rep to protect, you know?! I take pride in my one skill, however fluffy it may be, and I revel in being right. Sue me.

I do get very animated watching the broadcast and usually scream, shout, flail and punch Robert quite a bit throughout the night, (my voice is a bit scratchy this morning, that’s for sure). Robert thought it was HI-larious and took a bunch of pictures of me. Nice guy. The last one isn’t even of me being upset about the Oscars – I had stubbed my toe (granted, in one of my fits, but still …) and was writhing in pain. I’d best teach myself to self-Heimlich because if all Robert’s going to do is laugh and take photos of my suffering, I’m going to have to take care of myself.


0 comments: