Anyway, Robert has been doing research since before Christmas and I, of course, started looking that very day, as well. After much searching and submitting several applications for a few puppies we've heard back from Pound Puppy Rescue on this little cutie, Bambi Flower (don't worry - we'll change her name!). She's not quite 8 weeks yet but we're going to meet her this Sunday in San Jose at a PPR event. Flower is being fostered by the head of PPR in Nevada City and will be coming back to the Bay Area on March 13th to be fixed. We'll meet up with Flower and the woman, Kathleen, that day and if all goes well we can take her home that night!! According to PPR's Web site, Flower is a true mutt. They think her mother is part dachshund and part chihuahua but they have no idea what the father is (they do mention, however, that a couple of other pups in the Bambi litter look "pugish"). I honestly don't care what kind of puppy I get - I just want one! Someday, when we have a home that will accommodate it, I would love to have a big dog like a lab but for now I'm just happy, happy, happy with whatever puppy is fated to live in our modest condo. :o) It will be a lot of work, I know, but in the long run it will be so very worth it. I just have to remember that as I'm waking up on a Saturday morning to let her out...
Applying for a rescue dog is tough, though! It's akin to applying to college, I swear. The applications are 3 or 4 pages long and want to know how you'll exercise your dog and what you'll feed your dog (home cooked or store bought) and where it will sleep and how you'll introduce it to any children you may have and how you'll socialize it with other dogs and what you plan to do if you move and if you understand dogs require long-term health care and blah blah blah. It's quite rigorous! And exhausting - Robert and I were constantly trying to figure out what the 'best' answer would be. Luckily, my sister and brother-in-law went through the process when they adopted their dog and had some good tips for us. (I remember laughing to myself when Mel and Wade jumped through so many hoops to adopt Mia... God is clearly punishing me for my snarkiness.)
Anyhoo, it's obviously not 100% certain that we'll actually get to bring Flower home but it's definitely a strong possibility. I will, of course, keep the blog updated as our search continues. Wish us luck!
6 comments:
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Oh, and don't point fingers on that poor Biji guy . . . he sounds like he is just a realist
Aha!!!! I was wondering who "Anonymous" was... and now I know! Thanks, Bij. I was wracking my brain trying to figure it out; now I can rest easy. :o)
soooo cute! can't wait for you to pick him up!
Cute puppy!
I hope we get our cat(s) soon because I have a feeling Bob might change his mind and want a dog instead ...
I think you and Bob should get a dog! Then our dog can have a friend... :o)
Aww how cute ... Good luck with the adoption!!
Post a Comment