Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oscar Watch '09

I know - I still have to post my official ballot for this year. I'm working on it... It's tough, though, because (and I am embarrassed to admit as much ) I haven't seen any of the nominated films for Best Picture. I've barely seen any of the nominated films PERIOD! I've seen The Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder, Wall-E, Presto, Iron Man and Wanted and... that's it. So, you know, I'm almost qualified to vote in the Sound Editing category. :oP Crap! This has just been a very meh year for me cinematically, I guess. I am failing in my one skill. This distresses me greatly.

But, anyway, my point is I'll get the ballot up as soon as possible. Until then, here's a little scoopage I picked up over at EW.com re: some of Hugh Jackman's singing partners:

EW has confirmed
reports that Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Beyonce, Amanda Seyfried, and possibly Mamma Mia's Dominic Cooper will indeed perform with Hugh Jackman this Sunday on the Academy Awards.

I also know that Rob Pattinson is going to be at the Oscars in some capacity - most likely presenting - to hype the March DVD release of Twilight. Word on the street is Rob did not want to come and do it because he needed to "fulfill a few longstanding commitments with old friends. Unfortunately professional pressures forced a change in plans. Summit, having just seen a box office bomb with Push" strong-armed him into giving a little face time at the Oscars as advertising. This will surely distress Zac Efron, since rumor has it he views Rob as his mortal enemy. It will never happen but a teen hearthrob throw-down would make the Oscars MUCH more interesting, wouldn't it?!

0 comments: