Monday, February 02, 2009

Hot Men Depression (UPDATED)

Bummer. I may have to break up with my boyfriend. :o(

I was reading my usual assortment of gossip blogs during my lunch when I came across this from Lainey:

What if it was Shakespeare?

Dude. Bale. Chill.

You know I love him, but there’s “art” and then there’s plain manners.

So Christian last summer was working on Terminator Salvation. The DP walked onto the set to check the light or something and f-cked up the shot, screwing up his scene. Apparently Bale can’t handle when the magic is messed with. Like he’s in a zone and gets distracted and it’s like you’re pissing on his mojo. He lost his sh-t. And they were rolling. And now the audio has been publicly released.

For us non-thespians, it’s a major overreaction. People like Philip Seymour Hoffman however will probably defend him. Actually, PSH will totally defend him. Word is PSH has a meltdown if you’re in his eyeline.

Click here to listen to Christian go nuclear but mind your speakers. He cusses louder and more often than the Sopranos.

Embarrassing, non?

All this for a blow-em-up summer Terminator robot movie? Can you imagine if it had been Shakespeare?

I get it that he takes his job seriously. I don’t get it that his job is more important than being kind. Snap at the man, fine. But he went off for almost five minutes!

It’s an erection killer.

Sigh.


I only got about halfway through the tirade (I am at work but my boss is out at the moment) but that was enough. It definitely sounds like authentic Christian to me. Supposedly, the exchange was recorded and submitted by film execs to their insurance company, just in case Bale bailed. Mew. I know Christian is all 'method' and whatnot but I agree with Lainey - this seems a bit extreme. Especially for a Terminator film. But, maybe that's why I love him so - he's extremely dedicated to his craft. Did that sound convincing? Sigh.

UPDATE: Well, now everyone has heard this little gem. I found this on People.com this morning:


Don't cross Christian Bale.

At least that's the lesson learned by a crewmember of the Dark Knight star's new movie, Terminator Salvation.

Then again, don't cross your crew – because someone might be recording the entire expletive-laced rant you are delivering.

And what you said might even end up on the Today show, which is what happened Tuesday morning, when a visibly shocked Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira and others discussed Bale's scorching on-the-set rant – which came about after Terminator Salvation director of photography Shane Hurlbut accidentally entered Bale's sight-line during filming, the Los Angeles Times reports.

By the Today show's count, Bale, 35, dropped the F-bomb 36 times during his nearly 4-minute verbal attack.

Contacted by PEOPLE on Monday, reps for Bale had no comment about the tape, which first surfaced on TMZ.com.

Bruce Franklin, an assistant director and associate producer on the Terminator film, called Bale's behavior toward Hurlburt uncharacteristic for the star, whom Franklin told E! News was a "consummate professional." As for the incident, "It was just a moment and it passed."

This isn't the first time Bale's reputed fury has made news. Last summer, he was arrested in London, following assault allegations reportedly made by his own mother and sister. Charges were later dropped.

Great. As if he wasn't already labeled an "angry young man!" Oh, Christian. You really should have known better.

UPDATE 2: Oh! So, in perusing Lainey's site again it turns out that some Christian's hard-core fans are positing that the release of the infamous tape - from an incident way back in July - has something to do with Michael Bay. As you may have heard, Bay has already come out and "attacked" McG for ripping off his 'giant robots' in Terminator Salvation (as if Michael Bay has a lock on giant robots! Geez.). Now, with the positive response to the release of the Transformers trailer during the Super Bowl, the Christian Bale tape emerges. Did Michael Bay leak it? Who knows. And, really, who cares? (I guess I do - I just spent 5 minutes of my life posting about it! Dang.)


For your listening pleasure - a dance remix of Bale's rant.

0 comments: