Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Moment of Grossness

And immaturity, probably. I'm warning you now so you can stop reading if you want to.

Okay. So, my day started off with a free-form cougher in the elevator. Really? I mean, I've come to accept that college students - and employees - are somewhat lacking in the manners department but I honestly have never experienced someone just full-on open mouthed coughing in an elevator without even feigning an attempt to cover their mouth. After this person spewed their spittle all over the place, I glanced around quickly at my fellow elevator riders... and they did NOT look any happier than I felt. ICK! I hate people.

(It totally reminded me of an old episode of Frasier when Niles only breathes through one nostril to "conserve oxygen" when he's trapped in some enclosed space which I cannot recall. Robert and I always pull the ol' 'one nostril' trick when someone sneezes or coughs near us. Yes, we are that dorky.)

But that's not the gross moment. No, that happened earlier this afternoon when I had the displeasure of entering the ladies room at the same time as one of my floor mates (no, not one of my coworkers. Thank goodness!). The lady walked in behind me with a coffee mug in hand and proceeded to take her coffee mug into the stall with her. Okay. Weird, but whatever. Then, I realized - quite quickly - that she was there to *ahem* attend to some other business, if you know what I mean. Now, I don't want to be too immature or graphic or anything but this is something I would never do. I would never, ever, ever go to the restroom to do... that... when I knew someone else knew it was me in there! I'm weird and probably overreacting but there you are. I just wouldn't. I'm totally the type of person to go from floor to floor, building to building if I have to, to find an uninhabited area! Just the way I am. But back to my story... So, I'm washing my hands when I hear the woman start slurping her coffee. Slurping! REALLY?!! The woman is leisurely drinking her coffee while she takes a dump?!!! I find this distressing. And awfully off-putting. Am I completely alone on this? Is this, like, regular practice other places and I'm just living a very sheltered life? Discuss!

0 comments: