Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Music Minims 03 - Tinted Windows

This is possibly the strangest 'supergroup' I've ever heard of. According to Billboard.com, "[f]ormer Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha, Cheap Trick drummer Bun E. Carlos, Hanson's Taylor Hanson and Fountains Of Wayne bassist Adam Schlesinger have formed a new band, Tinted Windows.

The group has recorded its debut album at Stratosphere Sound Studios in New York, which Schlesinger and Iha co-own with Ivy's Andy Chase. The set is expected this spring on a label to be announced.

Tinted Windows will play its first major show at Billboard's South by Southwest showcase, to be held March 20 at Pangaea in Austin, Texas."

And according to EW.com, "...the band is set to release an album through S-Curve records (home of Fountains of Wayne) on April 21. According to a source close to the band, Taylor will be the primary singer, and the album has an "old-school, naive, young, bubblegum power-pop" sound. Iha has apparently mentioned the Buzzcocks and the Knack as influences."

So there you go. Very, very... interesting. I didn't realize Taylor "The Cute One" Hanson's vocal chops were so in demand! Good for him. I guess.

0 comments: