Wow! KPIX has a crackerjack news team!! All this time I thought my boss' name was Rhonda but KPIX dug deep and discovered it is really Wanda!!! :oP Jesus. I would expect this from channel 4's janky news guys but I sort of assumed KPIX was a more legitimate news source. Whoops. In fact, I talked to Rhonda about it this morning and she said that after the interview the dude asked her to spell her name, which she did. And they still wound up with Wanda. Oy.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Financial Aid in the News
So, my boss has been interviewed by several news outlets over the past few weeks because of the budget crisis and its potential affect on financial aid (Cal Grants and whatnot). Usually, her footage winds up on the 5 or 6 o'clock news so I have never really had the chance to check it out. Well, yesterday my boss was interviewed by KPIX news and I knew it was going to air at 6, so I logged into my TiVo account and set it up to tape that news broadcast. Here's the snippet that featured my boss:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had the occasion to be interviewed by the media (albeit print media)two or three times during my working life, and I was never quoted correctly, even though my name was spelled right. By the third time, I swore "never again". As a result, I take a good deal of what is presented as 'news' with considerable reservations.
Yeah, my boss mentioned that, while she wasn't quoted incorrectly, she was somewhat surprised that they chose the sound bite they did - given she'd chatted with the interviewer for a good 10 minutes about a variety of topics! Oh well.
Post a Comment