Thursday, March 05, 2009

RHI Get Together

Robert is on the Fun Committee in his department and occasionally they like to get together outside of work to hang out. This past Saturday Leah (we went to her wedding last year) hosted a BBQ at her place in Hayward. They live right off Carlos Bee Blvd - I could've walked to my office from their house! I would never do that of course... I'm just saying that I could. It's close. Anyway, Leah and Quentin host a lot of family parties at their place and it shows - they are excellent hosts! The set-up, the food, the accents are all top-notch. I was quite jealous. (I was also never as ashamed of my cluttered and undecorated condo as I was when I stepped into their house. I'm sure we'll host a shindig sometime or another but, yeesh, we'll have to do some major redecorating and redesigning before we do!) We basically just hung out, ate, and played Rock Band which, I must say, puffed Robert and me up a bit - everyone there played on easy. Easy! Woof. We looked awesome by comparison. It was pretty sweet. :o)

The table set-up - four tables, two chairs and 6 benches, I believe. It was great!


The view of Hayward from their back porch



Robert and I were the only guests to try out the trampoline. We are waaaaay too out of shape - we got hot and tired and had to quit pretty quickly.


Robert and Alison


Quentin is a photographer and so he and Leah have converted their garage into a sort of photo studio (hence the hat Robert is sporting- it's a prop. Just be glad he's not wearing the boa). I've never played Rock Band so loudly - it was awesome!! Much more fun.



And here are just a couple of funny videos Quentin showed us while we were there. (There are a lot more of the Billy Mays spoofs if you're interested.) I thought the Sony bit was hilarious!




0 comments: