Monday, October 20, 2008

Robert's Birthday Dinner (Take 1)

Every year, I have a hard time wrangling people together for Robert's birthday. And it's not just because his birthday's so close to Halloween (though that often doesn't help). For some reason October seems to be a hot month for weddings, showers, parties and I don't know what else - no one is ever available on the same weekend. And so it was this year. The only weekend our friends Nora and Joe could make was, of course, the only weekend my sister and brother-in-law, our friends Jo and Judy, Cindy and Biji could not. But, since I haven't seen Nora and Joe since January I told Biji to suck it and I went ahead and scheduled the dinner for the 18th!! (Before you feel bad for Biji, know that I told him about my reasoning and he was fine with it. We are going to try to get together on a weekend closer to Robert's actual birthday so he won't be completely left out. [Thus the "Take 1" mention in the title].) Luckily, Melanie and Wade were able to rewicker their plans so they, too, were able to make it.

We didn't do much - we had dinner at Claim Jumper and then just hung out at the condo for a bit. It may sound boring to some of you but we are boring and we had a very good time. :o)


This is just a photo I took while testing which flash I wanted to use. I'm sure Nora is thrilled.


I really like this photo - I only wish the remains of our meal were cleared off the table! And I felt a little bad for Wade... I'm so used to sitting next to Robert that I immediately yelled "Suck it in!" when the waiter started to take the photo. Then I realized I was sitting next to the wrong person and apologized. :o) Wade said he did suck it in, though.


Robert models his new hat from Nora and Joe.


It really had been a while since we'd gotten together with Nora and Joe - we hadn't ever forced them to play Rock Band! Something we rectified rather quickly.


I was very pleased Nora was finally persuaded to pick up the guitar. Then I felt bad because she's left-handed and we didn't do the lefty flip for her. She still did just fine.


No one ever wanted to sing so poor Melanie got stuck singing all but one of the songs.


I felt a little bad but I just had to get a photo of Nora while she still had her tummy. She said she doesn't have any photos of her pregnant yet! And she's 6-months along already!! I think she looks adorable.

We still have a dinner with Robert's family and the dinner with Biji to go so just sit tight - I'll have lots more Robert photos to come!

0 comments: