Looks like baby wipes were not included in his contract negotiations 'cause Terrence Howard is out of Iron Man 2. According to TunaFlix, Buh-bye, Terrence. You were fine in the first movie but, honestly, I don't think I'll notice that you're gone. It's probably for the best, anyway. I mean, really - you're probably so in demand that turning down a gazzillion-dollar franchise sure to have more than just the one sequel was probably a smart move. Oh, wait - you only have 1 movie on tap right now? My mistake.So much for Terrence Howard’s “Next time”… According to The Hollywood Reporter, he won’t have one: Don Cheadle has been signed to replace Howard as Jim Rhodes, Tony Stark’s best friend and eventual fan-favorite War Machine. Talks apparently fell through over “financial differences, among other reasons,” which would mark a distressing trend for Marvel after talks with director Jon Favreau almost collapsed over money as well.
You always hate to see characters recast for sequels (though The Dark Knight managed it without incident, for the most part), and it’s hard to defend squabbling over money when the original made over $570 million worldwide. Luckily, Cheadle’s no slouch and I doubt it’ll take long for him to win fans over, no matter what a great job Howard did with the role.
0 comments:
Post a Comment