Friday, October 17, 2008

In the Halloween Spirit!!

So, here are a few (grainy) cell phone images of my newly decorated desk at The Bay:

This is the general gist of my desk, as seen from the doorway of my 'office.'




See the little spider in the corner? I hope he's noticeable enough for the people in my office. They're kind of... unobservant. Yes, that's a nice way to say it. ;o)



The only item not crocheted is the spider candy bowl (which only has 6 legs, not 8, which annoys me every year. But whatever). My aunt made all these and I know I purchased some from her but, of course, I don't know where it is so I swiped this stuff from my mom. Hey, she's always with her grandkids at Halloween and so doesn't usually decorate - it's not like she needs it!

Some people at my office are excited that I'm in the spirit and others think it's weird I've decorated so early. Early? Early?! It's October 17th, people! When do you want me to decorate - the day before? Please. The people in FinAid always have a costume party on Halloween and this year the theme is Celebrity Look-a-Likes. So far, people have suggested that I go as Sarah Palin, Britney Spears or Beyonce. (Yes, you read that right.) I'm not too keen on dressing up so I'll probably just wear my Halloween shirt and my bat headband. Besides, I don't think I look like anyone in particular - do you?

2 comments:

S Drinkerman said...

Sarah Palin has been done, so I think you should go as Beyonce. Be sure to post a photo..... ;-)

Unknown said...

you look kind of like Helen Hunt - but she hasn't been in any costume type roles....