Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Music Minims 09: a-ha

I bought Robert and me some el cheapo nosebleed section tickets to a-ha's 'Ending on a High Note' tour last week and everyone I've told* has had the same reaction: " 'Take On Me' a-ha? I didn't know they were still around!" And while I am far from an a-ha groupie - I can't name the other two dudes in the band and I am only truly familiar with a handful of songs - I do enjoy the songs I know and thought catching them on their final tour would be kind of cool. Robert was surprisingly amenable to going so I snatched up the tickets and we're off to see them in May. (They're only playing in NY, Chicago and L.A. and we're seeing them on the final date of their final stop in the U.S. Lucky! Plus, the L.A. show the night before ours is sold out so there are some closet a-ha fans out there.) So! Just so you know there are lots of other songs in a-ha's repertoire, here are a few that I especially like. And, conveniently, Morten looks hooooooooooooooooooooot in most of the clips so, y'know, win-win.








(Oh, Morten is so dreamy in this performance. Yummers!!!)


(This is the video for the title track of their most recent album)

*Except for Work Mel. When I told her she said "a-ha?! But they only had one song! "I wear my sunglasses at night..."" To which I responded, "That's not a-ha, stupid! That's Corey Hart. Duh." And it is. See?

0 comments: